The Department of Neurosurgery of Apollo Hospitals, Hyderguda, is known to provide prompt and professional service in the emergency cases. Apart from emergencies, elective surgeries including clipping of Intra Cranial Aneurysm, Transphenoidal surgeries for Pitutary Tumour, Transoral and Transthoracic surgeries for spine are also done.
We have Special Interest in `KEYHOLE NEUROSURGERY’. Our department at Apollo Hyderguda is one of the earliest centers to start Neuroendoscopic Surgery in the Country. We have been doing minimally invasive spine surgery where patient’s entire hospital stay for Microlumbar discectomy has been only 24 hrs.
We have the latest equipment in the Neurosurgery Operation Theater including high-end Operative microscope, advanced high speed drill system, Neuroendoscope and micro neurosurgical instruments.
We have doctors in the emergency department who are trained in emergency medicine. They are competent to handle the Polytrauma, Subarchnoid Haemorrhage and other neurosurgical emergencies. The hospital is manned by 24×7 highly skilled Critical Care Team providing full spectrum of trauma, surgical, medical and cardiac care to the sickest of the patients.
- Extra Dural Haematoma (E.D.H)
- Sub Dural Haematoma (SDH)
- Cerebral Contusions,Intra-Cerebral Haematoma (ICH)
- Depressed Fractures of skull etc
- Cranio Facial Trauma
- Ventilatory Support Cases
- Surgical and Non Surgical Management of Head Injury
- Immediate management of Spinal injury
- Stabilization Procedures including instrumentation and fixation
Specially trained and experienced in
- Micro-neuro surgery for Brain Tumors
- Micro-Surgery for Aneurysms in SAH and AVM
- Micro vascular Decompression for Trigeminal Neuralgia, Hemi Facial spasms etc.
- Trans-sphenoidal surgery for Pituitary tumors
- Skull base surgery
- Surgery at C V Junction and surgery for Syringomyelia
- Cervical Disc Prolapses – (MISS) Minimal Invasive Spine Surgeries
- Microdiscectomy and disc replacement surgery
- Micro Lumbar Discectomy