The dept. of General Surgery is manned by Senior Consultant Surgeons, who are highly qualified and well trained in India and abroad and they are well supported by resident doctors and registrars to take care of the admitted patients in the hospital. The service of a general surgeon is available round-the-clock, to attend any surgical emergency in the hospital.
The department of general surgery is recognised for training P.G. students (DNB) in surgery by national board. For this purpose regular teaching programmes, case discussions, seminars, symposia are conducted regularly. One of the consultant general surgeons is selected as an examiner for DNB examination by national board.
Overview and examples of the some of the innovations undertaken by the department
- Laser haemoroidectomy by harmonic scalpel as a day care procedure – earlier it required 3-4 days stay in the Hospital.
- Variety of hernia repair procedures as an outpatient procedure.
- APR with staplers without any post operative complication.
- Variety of thyroid surgeries with minimum stay.
- All Emergency Surgical procedures / trauma cases like Bullet and stab injuries
- Management of Diabetic ulcers & Gangrene cases