Dr. Vimee Bindra Basu
Awards and Achievements
- Best Paper Award for “Laparoscopic management of 53 cases of dermoid cysts using Endo-bag” at BOGSCON 2011, Kolkata
- SNEHLATA PAUL MEMORIAL AWARD for highest marks in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in residency in Calcutta University
- HONOURS IN OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY
- HONOURS IN Community medicine
- Winners of Quiz Competition- 2nd Annual Conference of Indian Railway association of G & O
- Participated in Dr Bani Ghosh Memorial Quiz Competition 2007
- Participated in Dr Bani Ghosh Memorial Quiz Competition 2006
- 2nd Prize in BOGSCON QUIZ 2006
- Runner up in FOGSI QUIZ 2006 and 2007
- Organised a live workshop on Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy at Apollo Hospital on 7th and 8th April 2018 with pelvitrainer sessions for gynaecologists. Dr Vimee Bindra was the operating faculty too.
- Workshop in Infertility, RCOG Congress March 2014, India
- Live Gynaec Laparoscopy Workshop held on 4th September at Basavatarakam Indo- American Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Hyderabad.
- Indian Association Of Gynaecologic Endoscopists 2009 12, June 2009
- Mumbai Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society INDO-ISRAELI “GYNAECOLOGICAL ENDOSCOPY WORKSHOP” ON 25TH April 2009
- Workshop On Cesarean Section, July 2007 Workshop on Imaging in G & O, January 2008
- Symposium Cum Workshop on ART, December 2007
- Only Myomectomy Workshop Eastern Zone, AICC RCOG, Kolkata 2007
- Pre- Congress Workshop on USG in G & O, BOGSCON 2006
- Mannual Vacuum Aspiration, Calcutta Medical College, 2006
- Workshop on Basic and Advanced Colposcopy and Diagnosis and Management of CIN,
- August 2006
- Workshop On cutting Edge Technology in Reproductive Health, August , 2006
- Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgery Workshop, November 2005
Research and Publications
- Contributed/revised a chapter in Jeffcoates’s textbook of Gynaecology, 9th International edition “Torsion of Pelvic Organs ”
- Contributed a chapter in “How I Manage Fibroids” Chapter 5 – MANAGEMENT OF FIBROIDS IN ADOLESCENT GIRLS. 2017
- Contributed to the ISARCON MANUAL 2017 on operative hysteroscopy. “PRE- OPERATIVE CASE SELECTION FOR OPERATIVE HYSTEROSCOPY” 2017
- Chapter contribution in “Textbook on Pre-term Labour” 2017
- Author of a book titled A to Z of PCOS by Notionpress. Released in November 2016
- Chapter contribution in Textbook and Atlas of Laparoscopic Hysterectomy by Dr B Ramesh “Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy in a large Uterus and Multiple Surgeries” released in 2016
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy for Large Uteri –Specimen Retrieval through Mini-lap
- Suprapubic Incision Vimee Bindra, MS; K Prameela Sekhar, DNBApollo Health City, Hyderabad, India. BJOG Supplement June 2016 Issue
- Gourishankar Kamilya, Arup Kumar Majhi, Joydev Mukherji, Subir Kumar Bhattacharya, Subrata lal Seal, Vimee Bindra. Reasons for pregnancy Termination- Lack of Knowledge, Negligence or Failure of Contraception. Indian Journal of Perinatology. 2006 May; Vol 18 No1.
- Author of a book titled “Obstetrics and Gynaecology for Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination” published by Aditya Medical Publisher.
- Multiple and Bilateral Dermoids: A Case Report Rakesh Sinha, Satinder Sethi, Chaitali Mahajan, Vimee Bindra Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynaecology. 2010 Mar; Volume 17, Issue 2, pages 235-238
- Author of a book titled “PRACTICAL MANUAL OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY FOR ESIDENTS AND FELLOWS” by JAYPEE BROTHERS
- Presented a invited Video on “Heterotopic Pregnancy” at IAGE Lucknow 11-13th May 2018
- Poster on Female Genital Mutilation Using Myrrh –A Case Report .VimeeBindra, MS; K PrameelaSekhar, DNB, Apollo Health City, Hyderabad, India. RCOG World Congress 2016
- Poster on Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy for Large Uteri –Specimen Retrieval through Mini-lap Suprapubic IncisionVimeeBindra, MS; K Prameela Sekhar, DNBApollo Health City, Hyderabad, India. RCOG World Congress 2016
- Author of paper titled, “Laparoscopic management of 53 cases of dermoid cysts using Endo-bag” at BOGSCON February 2011
- Co-Author of the paper titled, “Laparoscopic Myomectomy: Suturing the Myoma bed” presented at IAGE 2009
- Co-author of the paper titled, “Pattern of prescribing drugs Among Antenatal Mothers” presented at AICOG 2007.
- Co-author of the paper titled, “ A Randomized Comparison of two different Antibiotic Regimens for Prophylaxis at Cesarean Section” presented at 9th Tapasi Nag Memorial Short Paper Presntation, 2007
- Co-author of the paper titled, “” presented at the BOGSCON 32nd annual Conference 2006
Conferences and CME‘s attended:
- Invited faculty at AICOG 2018, Bhuvanaeshwar. Panelist in a panel discussion on “Violence against doctors”
- Invited faculty at TOG Conclave by FOGSI at Vizag to make protocol for Thalassaemia 17th and 18th Feb 2018.
- Invited faculty at ISAR –ISPAT CME at Varanasi on 25th March 2018. Moderated a panel on “Fertility Enhancing Surgeries”
- Invited faculty at GET ENDO 2018, by IAGE at Chennai on 31st March 2018. Delivered a talk on “How to make Surgical Video”
- Invited faculty at ISAR Kolkata on 19-22nd April 2018. Delivered a talk on “Hysteroscopic Septoplasty – Does it Help?”
- Invited faculty at IAGE Lucknow 11-13th May 2018. Panelist in “Complications in Laparoscopy”
- Invited faculty at ISAR Kolkata on 19-22nd April 2018. Participated in a debate on “All ectopics should be managed by laparoscopy”
- Invited faculty at RAGES by Dr B Ramesh at Bangalore on 29th April 2018. Delievered a talk on “Laparoscopic Management of adnexal torsion”
- Invited faculty for Endocrinology Update, February 2017. Chairperson for a session on PCOS and Panelist for a Panel Discussion on Hyperandrogenism.
- Invited faculty for ISAR April 2017. Panelist in the panel discussion on PCOS Update.
- Invited Faculty for Yuva Fogsi North Zone April 2017. Delivered a talk on “Obesity in Adolescence”
- Attended workshop on “Radical hysterectomy and pelvic Anatomy” on 8th and 9th December at Pune.
- Advanced Infertility Training with Dr Anil Gudi and Dr Amit Shah from London.
- Invited Faculty at Yuva FOGSI, Rajkot. Delievered a talk on “Laparoscopic Myomectomy” March 2016
- RCOG World Congress, Birmingham June 2016.
- Organised a workshop on “Intrapartum Fetal Monitoring and Perinatal Pathology” on 8th March 2015 at Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad
- Invited Faculty as Panelist in ENDOGYN 2015 in March “Role of laparoscopy in sub-fertility”
- Attended International Conference on High Risk Pregnancy, July 2015
- RCOG World Congress and Workshop March 2014
- OGSH Annual Conference April 2013
- ISOPARB Annual Conference MATRIKA October 2013
- BOGSCON ANNUAL Conference in February 2011, Kolkata. Invited as Faculty and panelist in “Complications of MTP”
- ISOPARB National Conference in April 2011, Hyderabad. Invited as Faculty and Judge of Scientific Paper Session by Post-graduates and as Speaker for “NEWER CONTRACEPTIVE OPTIONS”
- Conference on “GYNAECOLOGICAL ENDOSCOPY” on 8th and 9th October, BEAMS Mumbai
- Mumbai Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society INDO-ISRAELI Conference on “GYNAECOLOGICAL ENDOSCOPY” on 26th April 2009
- Indian Association Of Gynaecologic Endoscopists 2009 12,13,14 June 2009
- BOGSCON 33rd Annual Conference 2008
- AICOG 2008, New Delhi
- AICOG Conference 2007, Kolkata
- RCOG – SAFOG 1st Joint Conference, December 2007
- BOGSCON 32nd Annual conference 2006, 11th and 12th February
- 21st AICC RCOG Conference 3 -5th March, 2006
- Symposium and National CME on Cutting Edge Technology in Reproductive Health, August 2006
- Indian Railway Association of G & O 2nd Annual Conference, November 2006
Consultant Gynaecologist and Obstetrician and Laparoscopic Surgeon and Infertility specialist at Apollo Hospital jubilee hills, Hyderabad AND Apollo Cradle, Hyderabad
Post MBBS 3 years Residency in Obstetrics and Gynaecology Post MD
- 6 months SENIOR RESIDENCY in KGMU, LUCKNOW
- 6 months CLINICAL FELLOWSHIP/ DIPLOMA IN ADVANCED GYNAECOLOGICAL
- 1 year at Fernandez Hospital, Hyderabad
- Consultant Endoscopic Surgeon and Obstetrician at BEAMS, Hyderabad for more than a year
- Present Attachment – Consultant Gynaecologist at The Apollo Clinic jubilee hills
- Consultant gynaecologist and Obstetrician at Little Star Women and children Hospital, Panjagutta
- Largest uterus removed laparoscopically weighs about 2.2 kg
- Have done more than 4000 hysteroscopic and laparoscopic surgeries independently. Hysteroscopic surgeries like tubal cannulations, myomectomy, resection endometrium, polypectomy and laparoscopic surgeries such as diagnostic laparoscopies, endometriosis, ovarian cystectomy, TLH, and myomectomies.
- Instrumental in handling OPDs for gynaecology patients & infertility patients.
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Gynaecological Societies of India
- OGSH – Obstetrics and Gynecological Society of Hyderabad
- IAGE- Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopists
- Training (simulated) in Endoscopic suturing from Ethicon Institute of surgical sciences.
- Training in basic ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from Dr Kamal Oswal, Kolkata
- Training in COLPOSCOPY from Dr P. S Basu, HOD, Cancer Institute Kolkata.
- Clinical Fellow in Gynaec Endoscopy at BEAMS, Mumbai
- Advanced Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy Training from Clermont Ferrand, FRANCE
- Advanced Training in Infertility and ART from Dr Sunita Tandulwadkar, Pune
- Advanced infertility training from Hmerton University Hospital, London.2016
- Specializes in doing Laparoscopic Hysterectomies of big uterus without leaving a big scar on abdomen.
- Largest uterus removed laparoscopically- weighes 2200gm
- Qualified M.B.B.S from R G Kar Medical College, Kolkata (Calcutta University)
- Qualified M.S. (Obstetrics & Gynecology) from R G Kar Medical College, Kolkata (West Bengal University of Health Sciences)
- Diploma in Advanced Gynaec. Endoscopy for a period of 6 months under Dr. Rakesh Sinha, pioneer in Gynaec. Laparoscopic Surgery at Bombay Endoscopy Academy and Centre for Minimally Invasive Surgery (BEAMS), Mumbai.
- ADVANCED LAPAROSCOPY AND HYSTEROSCOPY TRAINING FROM CLERMONT FERRAND, FRANCE under the guidance of DR REVAZ BOTROSCHVILLI and PROF GERRARD MAGE
- ART training from Homerton Fertility Centre, London from Dr Anil Gudi and Dr Amit Shah
- Advanced FOGSI Recognised Training in Infetility and ART from RUBY Hall, Pune from Dr Sunita Tandulwadkar
- Keen interest in working in the field of endoscopy.
- Trained in ultrasonography.
- Comprehensive understanding and expertise of all routine surgeries- open, vaginal and laparoscopic surgeries like hysterectomies, myomectomies etc.
- Experience of training / assisting students to learn by using interactive discussion and hands-on approaches & to attain proficiency in subjects.
- Strong communication skills, analytical ability & capability to perform under stress and strenuous conditions.
- Organised a workshop in Colposcopy in Scientific Convention Center, Lucknow with Prof Indu Tandon