Dr.Vijay Kumar Chennamchetty
Awards and Achievements
- Conducted Thoracoscopy, Bronchoscopy n EBUS workshops on animal models at various centres in AP & Telengana
- Organised & Chaired an International Conference, ASPIRE 2016
- Organised an National Conference on Sleep Disorders – Sleepcon -2015
- Actively participated on media to increase the public awareness on common & important health problems like Sleep Apnea, Asthma, Smoking, COPD & Pollution related health hazards.
Research and Publications
- Vijay Kumar Chennamchetty, G Ravindra Babu, N Usharani, “Interferon gamma in Tuberculous Pleural Effusions”. Paper presented in Ninth National Pulmonology Conference at P.G.I., Chandigarh NAPCON, 2007& Published in proceedings.
- Vijay Kumar Chennamchetty, G Ravindra Babu, paper on “Interesting case report of Cryptococcal fungal infection Presenting as SPN” in Vizag Chest Club August 20th 2007, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Vijay Kumar Chennamchetty, Gurpreeth Singh, Raghavendra D.S., paper on “Audit of VAP in a ICU of a Community Health Hospital” (Sundaram Medical Foundation, Chennai). Paper presented at International Critical Care Congress & 16th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine; Hyderabad, 2010.
- Vijay C, G Ravindra Babu, N Usharani, A Giant Syphillitic Aneurysm in a Young Human Immunodeficiency Virus Seroposotive individual: The Indian Journal of Chest Diseases & Allied Sciences 2009;51:245-247.
- POSITIE AIRWAY PRESSURE THERAPY, CH APTER – IN PIPELINE FOR PUBLICATION , SLEEP DISORDERED BREATHING.
- Presented various research papers & posters in various international conferences like, WABIP, ATS, ERS.Co-author of various chapters in few textbooks of sleep medicine.
- Tutor, Department of Respiratory Medicine, Christian Medical College, Vellore, July 2008 – December 2008
- Senior Registrar, Department of Critical Care Medicine, Sundaram Medical Foundation, Chennai, January 2009 – December 2009
- Registrar cum Junior Consultant, Department of Critical Care Medicine & Intensive Care Services, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, 2010 – 2011
- Consultant Pulmonologist & Sleep Disorder Specialist, Yashoda Hospital, Malakpet, 2011 – 2013
- Interventional Pulmonologist & Sleep Disorder Specialist, Citizens Hospital, Hyderabad, 2013 – 2015
- Presently Working in Apollo Hospitals Jublee hills, Hyd since last Assignment.
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
- European Respiratory Society (ERS)
- European Society of Critical Care Medicine (ESCCM)
- Society of Minimal Invasive Thoracic Surgeons (SMITS)
- American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP)
- Indian Sleep Disorders Association (ISDA )
- Interventional pulmonology (TBNA, TBLB, EBUS-Linear, EBUS-Radial, Thoracoscopy, Endo bronchial procedures like balloon tracheoplasty & bronchoplasty, Endobronchial Laser. Cryotherapy, Airway stenting (Silicone & Self expanding mettalic), Rigid bronchoscopy etc…
- Sleep Medicine: (Snoring evaluation & Management, Sleep Apnea syndrome)
- Pulmonology : Interstitial lung disease
- Critical Care: ARDS n Septic Shock with MODS