Awards and Achievements
- Eight Distinctions in MBBS- Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Preventive and Social Medicine,
ENT and Surgery.?Gold Medal in Biochemistry.
- Bhagwandas Wadhwa memorial Gold Medal in Preventive and Social Medicine.
- Silver Medal in Otorhinolaryngology.
- Anatomical Society of India award for highest marks in Anatomy.
- Award for Best Research Project in Anatomy on ‘Variations in the anatomy of the lumbar plexus’.
- University Medal in Pathology.
- Stood First at the all three Professional MBBS examinations.
- University Medal by Banaras Hindu University for standing First at Final MBBS, 1987.
- Association of Surgeons of India award for highest marks in Surgery.
- Pfizer Medallion and Scroll of Honor for distinguished performance at the Final MBBS.
- Institute of Medical Sciences Best Student Award
- Bard Scholarship in Urology awarded by the Urological Society of India in 1993.
- Best Paper Award, at the APSOGUS, 1999 for paper on stress incontinence.
- Medal for Point Counter Point Debate at the SZUSI, Chennai, 2003
- BKP Best Paper Award at National Urological Society of India Conference, Ahmedabad, 2005
- Best Reviewer Award from the Indian Journal of Urology for the year 2010. Received award at a ceremony on 21st January 2011 at Kolkata
Research and Publications
- Chapters in books Our article has been cited by Peter Morris “Kidney Transplantation” 6th Edition, 2008, Page 653
- Chapter on “Painful Bladder Syndrome” in textbook “Gynecology Update 2011” eds Pratibha D and Sinha R, Paras Publishers, Hyderabad, 2011
- Sinha R, Sinha S. Asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnancy. In “Manual of Perinatal Infections”, Eds Walvekar V and Jassawalla MJ. Jaypee Brothers, 2006,
- Sinha S. Early Diagnosis of Carcinoma Prostate. Recent Advances in Oncology, Jaypee Bros, 2004
- Sinha S, Sinha R. Renal Transplantation in women- the Indian context. In: Tank DK, Saraiya UB, Patel MK, Desai SV, In ‘Frontiers in Obstetrics and Gynaecology’ 2nd ed, Jaypee Bros, Mumbai, 1999, pp 180-188.
- Sinha S, Bhandari M. Bladder dysfunction in posterior urethral valves. In: Sinha S, Bhandari M (eds.). Posterior urethral valves. Urol Soc Ind publication, 1996, pp17-26.
- Kumar M, Sinha S. Techniques of ablation of posterior urethral valves. In: Sinha S, Bhandari M (eds.). Posterior urethral valves. Urol Soc Ind publication, 1996, pp41-46.
- Sinha S, Sinha JK. Chemical Burns. In: Hanumandass ML, Ramakrishna M (eds.), Handbook of Burns Management. New Delhi. Jaypee Bros Med Publ: 1991, pp 152
- Sinha R, Sinha S. Incontinence in the girl child- diagnosis and treatment. In: Krishna UR, Sheriar NK (eds), ‘Gynecological Urology’ Orient Longman, Mumbai: 2001, pp 115-127.
- Dr Sanjay Sinha is Consultant Urologist and Transplant Surgeon practicing for the last 15years.
- He has a specific interest in minimally invasive urology (endourology and laparoscopic urology), laser prostatectomy, female urology, urodynamics, neurogenic bladder and renal transplantation.
- He did his MBBS and MS from Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University where he had the first rank at the university with 8 distinctions and the Best Student Award.
- He later did his training in Urology at the SGPGIMS, Lucknow in 1995. He visited the Long Island Jewish Medical Centre, New York in 2000 and the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia in 2005. Dr Sinha has the largest experience in stress incontinence surgery in the state and has extensive experience in the removal of complex kidney stones by minimally invasive methods.
- Dr Sinha has conducted several workshops including, most recently, those at PGI Chandigarh, Johannesburg and Taipei. He is on the Editorial Board of the International Urogynecology Journal and the Indian Journal of Urology and was a member of the Urological Society of India Panel on Bladder Cancer Guidelines.
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Journal Publications 1. Sinha S. Dysfunctional Voiding: A Review of Terminology, Presentation, Evaluation and Management in Children and Adults. Indian J Urology 2011 (in press)
- Sinha S, Siriguri SR, Kanakmedala SK, Bikkasani K. Prostate biopsy findings in Indian men: a hospital-based study. Indian J Cancer. 2011; 48:175-80.
- Acute patchy cortical necrosis following renal transplantation in a case of sickle cell trait – an unusual cause of renal allograft dysfunction. Accepted for publication in the Indian Journal of Nephrology, 2011
- Sinha S, Sreenivasa S Rao, Ramasubba Rayudu. CT seminal vesiculogram imaging in a patient with ejaculatory duct obstruction. Urol J 2010, 7: 9
- Sinha S, Sreenivasa S Rao, Srinivas K, Singh MK, Sharma RM. Duloxetine for treatment of male sphincteric incontinence following partial conus medullaris infarction after coronary bypass surgery Cases Journal2009, 2:9094
- Jha R, Sinha S, Kumar J, Bansal D, Gupta PC. Renal infarction in antiphospholipid syndrome. Indian J Nephrol. 2005; 15: 17-21.
- Sinha S. Bladder Outlet Obstruction in Women. Ind J Urol, 2004
- Sinha S, Jha R, Lakhtakia S, Narayana G. Acute Pancreatitis following Kidney Transplantation- role of viral infections. Clin Transpl. 2003; 17: 32-36
- Sinha S, Jha R, Narayana G, Bhaskar BV, Rayudu RS, Hemlatha K, Prasad KN, Khadeer K. Pulmonary Infections after Kidney Transplantation: Impact of prophylaxis. Transpl Proc. 2003; 35: 287-8
- Jha R, Narayan G, Sinha S, Khadeer K, Prasad KN. Symptomatic herpes virus infections in post renal transplant patients. Transpl Proc 2003; 35: 284-5.
- Jha R, Narayana G, Jaleel M, Sinha S, Bhaskar BV, Kashyap G, Rayudu R, Prasad KN. Pulmonary infections after kidney transplantation. J Ass Physic India 1999: 47; 779-783.
- Rao KH, Jha R, Narayan G, Sinha S. Opportunistic infections following renal transplantation. Ind J Med Microbiol 2002:20; 47-49.
- Goel MC, Baserge NS, Ramesh Babu MV, Sinha S, Kapoor R. Pediatric kidney: functional outcome after extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy. J Urol 1996: 155; 2044-46.
- Sinha S, Babu MVR. Management of primary nonrefluxing upper urinary tract dilatation in children. Pediatr Surg Int 1995: 10; 285.
- Sinha S. Re: Pseudosarcomatous myofibroblastic proliferation of the bladder: Report of 2 cases and literature review (letter). J Urol 1995: 154; 537.
- Sinha S. Ureteral anastomosis with the unilink system (letter). Am J Obstet Gynecol 1995: 173; 674-5.
- Sinha S. Pediatric ureteropelvic junction obstruction treated by retrograde endopyelotomy (letter). Urology 1995: 45; 1087.
- Sinha S, Babu MVR. Treatment of childhood phimosis with topical steroids (letter) Austr N Zealand J Surg 1994: 64; 861.
- Sinha S, Babu MVR. Direct vision internal urethrotomy under topical anesthesia (letter). Urology 1994: 44; 625.
- Bhandari M, Sinha S. Percutaneous nephrostomy in malignant urinary tract obstruction (comment). Nat Med J Ind 1993: 6; 218. (Indexed Indian Journal)
- Sinha S, Gangopadhyaya AN, Harshwardhan, Gopal SC. Ileal atresia with intestinal duplication. Ind Pediatr 1992: 29; 1573-4. (Indexed Indian Journal)
- Sinha S, Sinha JK, Tripathi FM, Bhattacharya V. Chemical Burns- Our experience over eleven years. Annals Mediterr Burns Club 1990: 3; 203-5.
- Sinha S, Sinha R. Incontinence in the girl child- approach to diagnosis and treatment. J Obstet Gynaec India 1999: 49; 114-120.
- Babu MVR, Baserge N, Ahlawat R, Sinha S. Prognostic factors predicting outcome of poorly functioning kidneys with pelviureteric junction obstruction. Ind J Urol
- Sinha S. Prepubertal macoorchidism: an unusual cause of maldescent (comment). Ind J Urol 1994: 10; 93.
- Sinha S. Selective bladder preservation by combination treatment of invasive bladder carcinoma (comment). Ind J Urol 1994: 11; 46.
- Sinha S. Reuse of a transplanted kidney (comment). Ind J Urol 1994: 10; 92.
- Sinha S, Shukla VK, Tandon M, Roy SK. Colorectal carcinoma in patients under 30 years of age. Ind J Coloproctol 1991: 6; 7-10.
- Mishra MK, Sinha S. Etiopathogenesis of multiple system organ failure- current concepts. Quart J Surg Sci 1990: 26; 37-43.
- Urological Society of India, American Urological Association, International Continence Society, Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, Association of Southern Urologists, AP Society of Genitourinary Surgeons, Hyderabad Urology Society (Founding Treasurer)
- Editorial board member for the International Urogynecology Journal (2007-ongoing)
- Editorial board member for the Indian Journal of Urology
- Chairman of the International Exchange Committee of IUGA 5. Member of the USI panel for “Guidelines for the Management of Bladder Tumors” 2008-09