Research and Publications
- MAITRA S, JASSAL SV, SHEA J, MAGGI C, BARGMAN JM: Increased Mortality of Elderly Female Peritoneal Dialysis patients – Descriptive Analysis Adv Perit Dial 2001:17;117-121
- Maitra s, Burkart J, Fine A, Prichard s, Bernardini J, Jindal KK, OreopoulosDG: Patients on Chronic Peritoneal Dialysis for 10yrs or more in North America. Perit Dial Int 2000: 20 Suppl 2:S127-33
- MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Nephrology)-Pgimer Chandigarh, Clinical Fellowship (Univ.Of Toronto, Canada)
- Senior consultant nephrologist at Apollo Hospitals Hyderabad, from September 2002 to till date
- Clinical Fellow, Division of Nephrology from Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (1999 – 2002).
- Asst. Prof. in Nephrology at KMC, Manipal (1996 – 1999)
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Indian society of nephrology
- Indian society of peritoneal dialysis
- Associate member of American society of nephrology
- Transplantation & prevention of progression of CKD
- Intensive care Nephrology
- Dr. Maitra did his MBBS from NRS Medical College, Kolkata after which he did his MD in Internal Medicine from Govt. Medical College, Rohtak in Haryana. His nephrology training was at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education And Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh where he completed his DM in Nephrology.
- Later he joined Kasturba Medical College, Manipal as an Assistant Professor and soon became the head of the nephrology department there.
- He was invited to join the clinical fellowship program of the nephrology department at Tornoto University (Canada) in July 1999. Having completed 3 various branches of nephrology including cadaveric renal transplantation, Dr. Maitra decided to come back to India to serve the people of his country.
- Dr.Maitra is an expert in the management of all types of kidney disease particularly Renal Transplantation, Dialysis both hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. He has widespread experience in the field of critical care nephrology including CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) and in doing and interpreting renal Biopsies.