Awards and Achievements
ACADEMIC PRIZES AND ACHEIVEMENTS:
- Best Reviewver award from Indian Journal of Urology,2017
- Invited to the British Parliament discussion on access to Robotic surgery in 2015.
- Runners up in the Team of the year award from Bradford teaching hospitals for the year 2015.
- Established North of England Robotic Urological Surgeons (NERUS) group for sharing good practise and for collaboration on data sharing between the centres in 2014.
- Principle surgeon in the first team in the North of England to undertake Robotic radical cystectomy and intracorporeal neobladder in Dec 2012
- Clinical excellence award in 2012, 2013, 2014 from Bradford teaching hospitals NHS foundation trust.
- Best poster presentation for the session during 26th Annual EAU Congress, Vienna, 2011
- Best poster presentation for the session during 22nd Annual EAU Congress, Berlin, 2007
- Best poster presentation for the session during 21st Annual EAU Congress, Paris, 2006
- Best poster presentation for the session during 20th Annual EAU Congress, Istanbul, 2005
- Best poster presentation for the session during 19th Annual EAU Congress, Vienna, 2004
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FUNDING APPLICATIONS:
- The Urological foundation robotic preceptorship of £18000 for advanced Robotic training in Nashville, Teenneesse, USA in November 2013
- Successful in getting a grant of £200,000 for Robotic programme in Bradford teaching hospitals from Sovereign Health care in April 2012
- Successful in getting a grant of £600,000 for Robotic programme in Bradford teaching hospitals from BTHFT charity fund in March 2012
- EUSP Clinical fellowship, 2008
- The IPSEN fund training award, 2008
- BUF Clinical visit award, 2008
- BUF Blackwell Publishing/ Sackler Foundation Scholarship for the year 2005-06
Research and Publications
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Local Anaesthetic for Transrectal Ultrasound-Guided Prostate Biopsy: a prospective, randomised, double blind, placebo-controlled study.SK Addla, AAB Adeyoju, GD Wemyss-Holden, D Neilson European Urology,2003,43,5,441-443
- Diclofenac for Treatment of Nocturia caused by Nocturnal Polyuria: A Prospective, Randomised, Double-Blind placebo controlled crossover study. SK Addla, AB Adeyoju, D Neilson, P O’Reilly European Urology, 2006,49,720-726
- Histological outcome of delayed orchidectomy following primary chemotherapy for metastatic germ cell tumour of the testis Ramani V, Grey B, Addla SK, Dunham M, Sangar V, Clarke N ClinOncol (R CollRadiol). 2008 Apr;20(3):247-52.
- A simple aid to improve patient positioning during Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Addla SK, Rajpal S, Sutcliffe N, Adeyoju A Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2008 Jul;90(5):433-4.
- Characterization of the Hoechst 33342 side population from normal and malignant human renal epithelial cells.Addla SK, Hart C, Ramani V, Brown M, Clarke N Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008 Sep; 295(3):F680-7.
- Phytotherapy in Chronic prostatitis MC. Goris, TRoumeguere, SK Addla, CC. Schulman and BDjavan Current Prostate Reports. 2009 Feb; 7(1): 39-43.
- Hoechst 33342 side population identification is a conserved and unified mechanism in urological cancers Oates JE, Grey BR, Addla SK, Samuel JD, Hart CA,Ramani V, Brown MD, Clarke NW.Stem Cells Dev. 2009 Dec;18(10):1515-22
- Avoid cruising on the Uroflowmeter – Evaluation of cruising artefact on spinning disc flowmeter in an experimental setup Addla SK,Marri RR, Daayana SL, Irwin PP NeurourolUrodyn. 2010 Sep;29(7):1301-5
- Localising Prostate Cancer: Comparison of Endorectal Magnetic Resonance (MR) Imaging and 3D-MR Spectroscopic Imaging with Transrectal Ultrasound guided biopsy.
- GorisGbenou MC, Peltier A, Addla SK, Lemort M, Bollens R, Larsimont D, Roumeguere T, Schulman CC, van Velthoven R.Urol Int. 2012;88(1):12-7
- Comparison of open and robotic nephron sparing surgery C Jelley, R Singh, H Bardgett, SK Addla Accepted for publication in Journal of Clinical urology, July 2016
- Title of the Chapter: Trends in Prostate Cancer Screening – Overview of Europe Authors: SK Addla, B Djavan Title: Prostate cancer screening 2nd Edition Editors: I Thompson, D Ankerst, C Tangen Details: 2nd Edition, 2009, 35-51, Humana Press Inc, Totowa, NJ, USA
- Title of the Chapter: Intestinal and Urological Stomas: Surgical aspects Authors: A Jadav, NW Clarke, SKAddla, G Carlson Title: Abdominal Stomas and Their Skin Disorders Editors: CC Lyon, AJ Smith Details: 2nd Edition, 2009, Martin Dunitz Ltd, London, UK
- Title of Chapter: Introduction to PLAB and General surgical topics Authors: H Kaukuntla, SL Daayana, SK Addla Title: Plab Hand Book Part 2 Details: 3rd Edition, 2006, 1, 1-30, Paras Medical Books, Hyderabad, India
- Title: Resuscitation and Mannequin Authors: H Kaukuntla, N Shah, SK Addla, SL Daayana, K Henshall Title: Birmingham PLAB course-Teaching DVD for PLAB-2 (OSCE)Details: Birmingham PLAB course in association with South Manchester University Hospital NHS trust, UK
- Presently Working in Apollo Hospitals, Jublee Hills, Hyderabad
- Consultant Urological cancer surgeon and Head of Robotic cancer surgery Bradford Teaching hospitals, Bradford, UK 2009-2016
- Post CCT Fellowship in Urological cancer surgery Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK 2009
- Urological Higher surgical training Manchester, UK 2001-2008
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Post CCT fellowship in Uro-oncology Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK June 2009
- CCT in Urology Higher surgical training, UK May 2009
- Fellowship in Laparoscopy Erasme Hospital, Brussels, Belgium June 2008
- MD University of Manchester Oct 2010
- FRCS (Urol) Intercollegiate Exam June 2007
- MRCS (General Surgery)RCS England June 2000
- MBBS APUHS,India June 1997
- British Association of urological surgeons
- European Association of Urologists
- Urological Society of India
- Robotic and open surgery for all Urological cancer with specialist interest in Kidney, Bladder and Prostate cancer surgery.
- Sanjai Addla was trained in urology in Manchester, UK and went on to do specialist oncology and robotic surgical training at The Christie hospital in Manchester, UK. He has previously been a consultant urological surgeon with special interest in Uro-oncology at Bradford Royal Infirmary, UK for almost 7 years. He introduced robotic surgery in Bradford and has lead the department and the robotic uro-oncology team.
- He provides investigations and treatment for common urological problems including prostate, kidney and bladder conditions. He specializes in providing treatment for cancer of prostate, kidney and bladder and frequently undertakes robotic surgery for prostate and kidney cancers. He is a recognized proctor (trainer) for robotic surgery.
- The outcomes from Bradford urology team’s robotic experience as well as results from clinical research have been presented at various regional and international conferences.