Awards and Achievements
- He has received the Humanitarian Award from UCHC and the Governors Community Service Award from the American College of Chest Physicians .
- He has been involved in multiple presentations and conferences in India and abroad.
- He is interested in all things digital and loves a good game of table tennis .
- He believes in honest communication with patients and families and feels that healthcare has spiritual overtones.
- He has significant experience in the research arena.
- Overall Dr Sai Praveen Haranath is a committed and passionate champion for the practical delivery of ethical healthcare .
- His prior experiences in rural, community and academic medical centres in the US and most recent engagement at The Permanente Medical Group/Kaiser Permanente in the San Francisco area ,his teleICU experience and his current position at Apollo Hospitals in Hyderabad make him an expert in helping patients with complex medical conditions.
Research and Publications
- Peer reviewed publications in international journals.
MBBS; MPH; FCCP
- Dr Sai Praveen Haranath is a physician working at Apollo Hospitals and is also part of one of the first Tele ICU programs in India.
- Consultant Intensivist and Pulmonologist,
- Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
- Chair, Disaster Response Network Steering Committee, ACCP
- Member, Occupational and Environmental Diseases Network Steering Committee, ACCP
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
- He returned to India to pursue his lifelong desire to raise the standard of Indian and global healthcare through the ethical practice of excellent medicine .
- He is a firm believer that we have the ingredients to create a superlative health experience for this country and beyond .
- He has vast experience in managing patients with asthma , COPD, bronchitis, allergic lung disease
- as well as lung cancer and tobacco and smoking addiction.
- MBBS, Madras Medical College, Chennai, 1990 – 1996
- MPH, University of Connecticut Health Centre, USA, 1996 – 1999
- AB Certified in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Loyola University Medical Centre, Illinois, USA, 1999 – 2000
- Fellowship in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, USA, 2006 – 2007