Dr.Sai Lakshmi Daayana
Awards and Achievements
- Awarded prizes for ‘best poster presentations’ at British Colposcopy conferences (BSCCP), 2010, 2012 UK
- Awarded prize for ‘best oral presentation’ at the 7th RCOG International Scientific Meeting, 2008 Montreal, Canada
- Awarded ‘Runner-up Prize medal for MRCOG’ by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG) 2002
Research and Publications
- Seroepidemiology of Human Papillomavirus 16 (HPV16)L2 and generation of L2-Specific Human Chimeric Monoclonal Antibodies. Wamg JW, Jagu S, Wu WH, Viscidi RP, Macgregor-Da A, Fogel JM, Kwak K, Daayana S, Kitchener H, Stern PL, Gravitt PE, Trimble CL, Roden RB. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2015 Jul;22(7):806-16.
- John A Tidy, Jamie Healey, Sai Daayana, Mary Martin, Prof Walter Prendiville, Prof Henry Kitchener. Improved detection of high-grade cervical intra-epithelial neoplasia using Electrical Impedance Spectroscopy with colposcopy. BJOG.2013 Mar; 120(4):400-10.
- Daayana S, Winter U, Stern PL, Kitchener HC. The Role of Photodynamic Therapy in the Management of Vulval Intraepithelial Neoplasia. Photochem Photobiol Sci.2011 May 1;10(5):802-9.
- Daayana S, Elkord E, Winter U, Pawlita M, Roden R, Stern PL, Kitchener HC. Phase II trial of imiquimod and HPV therapeutic vaccination in patients with vulval intraepithelial neoplasia. Br J Cancer.2010 Mar 30; 102(7):1129-36.Epub 2010 Mar 16.
- Winter U, Daayana S, Tomlinson AE, Elkord E, Stern PL, Kitchener HC. Clinical and immunological results of a Phase II trial of sequential imiquimod and photodynamic therapy for vulval intraepithelial neoplasia. Clin Cancer Res. 2008 Aug 15;14(16):5292-9.
- Daayana S, Baker P, Crocker I. An image analysis technique for the investigation of variations in placental morphology in pregnancies complicated by preeclampsia with and without intrauterine growth restriction. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2004 Dec; 11(8): 545-52.
Invited review articles / book chapters / lectures:
- Daayana S, Holland CM. Hormone replacement therapy and the endometrium. J menopause Int.2009 Sep; 15(3): 134-8.Review
- Amanda Tristram, Sai Daayana, Peter Stern. Cervical Cancer Vaccination – an up to date guide. British Medical Journal – online from 21/02/08, 2013 (Update)http://learning.bmj.com
- Book title: “The Difficult Robotic Hysterectomy” Chapter in book “Robotic Surgery: Practical Examples in Gynecology” edited by Sami Kilic, A. Kubilay Ertan and M. Faruk Kose. First Edition – 2011 Authors: Daayana S, Ahmed Sekotory A
- I have been invited to lecture on ‘the role of HPV in cervical cancer’ at the BSCCP National conference in 2011 and 2012.
- I have been invited to speak on ‘Performance Characteristics of Ultrasound vs. Cancer antigen (Ca125) in Ovarian Cancer Screening’ at the Annual Cancer Scientific Meeting, RCOG, London, April 2011.
- Now Working as Consultant in Surgical Gynaecological Oncology, Apollo Cancer Institutes, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad
- Consultant in Surgical Gynaecological Oncology – St James Institute of Oncology, Leeds (UK) 2013 – 2016
- Clinical Lecturer in Surgical Gynaecological Oncology – Christie hospital, Manchester (UK) 2009 – 2013
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Sub-specialty Training in Surgical Gynaecological Oncology – RCOG (UK) 2013
- CCT in Obstetrics & Gynaecology – RCOG – 2013 (UK)
- MD (University of Manchester, UK) 2011
- MRCOG – RCOG (UK) 2002
- MBBS – Univ of Health Sciences – (India) 1997
- Member of Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RCOG)
- Member of European Society of Gynaecology Oncology (ESGO)
- Member of British Society of Gynaecology Oncology (BGCS)
- Surgical management of cancers of ovary / uterus / cervix / vagina and the vulva
- Robotic surgery for cancer of the uterus / cervix
- Fertility preserving cancer surgery / Surgery to prevent ovarian cancers / Management of menstrual problems in peri-menopausal women
- Management of vulval / vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia
Dr Sai Daayana has spent 18 years as a gynaecologist in the United Kingdom of which, 8 years were in surgical gynaecological oncology. She worked as a consultant in gynaecological oncology in the Europe’s largest teaching hospital and has gained immense experience and knowledge. Dr Sai Daayana is an expert in the surgical management of ovarian, endometrial, cervical and vulval cancers by open and minimal-invasive (laparoscopic and robotic) routes. In addition she has thorough knowledge of cancer screening, cancer risk-reducing prophylactic surgery, fertility sparing cancer surgery.