Dr S Rajesh Reddy
Awards and Achievements
- Ajay Mathews Memorial Medal for topper of first year M.B.,B.S. university exams.
- Dr.M.K.Ramanathan Memorial Prize in the subject of Biochemistry.
- Certificate of Honour for securing first rank in Physiology.
- 21st annual conference of Association of Pathologists & Microbiologists Prize in Pathology.
- 21st annual conference of Association of Pathologists & Microbiologists Prize: Microbiology.
- Certificate of Honour for securing second rank in Forensic Medicine.
- Sri.V.Manickaswamy Endowment Prize in Preventive and Social Medicine.
- Sri.N.Selvaradjalou Chettiar Memorial Prize in Preventive and Social Medicine.
- Certificate of Honour for securing third rank in Surgery.
- Dr.K.S.Sridhar Memorial JIPMER Alumni Association Prize & Sri.M.C.Rama Verma Valia Raja Memorial Prize for Best All Round Undergraduate M.B.,B.S. student of the Batch of 1999-2004.
- S.B.Sen Memorial Gold Medal for Outstanding Performance in M.S. General Surgery examination of the Pondicherry University held during March 2008.
- Examination topper – M.Ch., (Neurosurgery) examination.
- Travel fellowship : 5th Japan-India Neurosurgery Conference, Osaka, 2012: Rajesh Reddy S, Manas Panigrahi, Sita Jayalakshmi, Sailaja S, Shanmukhi S. Clinical characteristics and surgical outcome of children and adolescents with temporal lobe epilepsy.
Winner of Mediquiz competitions:
- Indian Academy of Pediatrics Quiz conducted at JIPMER
- Pegasus (intercollegiate festival – CMC Vellore)
- MV Diabetes Research Foundation – Chennai.
- Rajesh Reddy S, Manas Panigrahi, Vijayasaradhi M, Biswal D, Purohit AK. Dumb-bell Schwannoma of the Hypoglossal Nerve. SKULLBASECON 2009, Hyderabad.
- Rajesh Reddy S, Mudumba Vijayasaradhi, Sahu BP, Nayak M. Aneurysmal Bone Cyst of the spine – two case illustrations and a brief review on the rare entity. APNEUROCON 2010, Warangal. [Awarded the Best Poster Award].
- Rajesh Reddy S, Suchanda B, Megha S Uppin, Sundaram C, Raju GSN, Prabhakar VVS, Ravi Varma D. Solitary cervical spine metastasis in an adolescent male from occult papillary carcinoma of thyroid mimicking an Aneurysmal Bone Cyst. NEUROPEDICON 2010, Hyderabad. [Awarded the Best Multimedia Presentation Award].
- Rajesh Reddy S, Reddy AK, Manas Panigrahi, Naidu CS et al. Initial experience with stereotactic radiosurgery at KIMS using LINAC based Novalis Tx. APNEUROCON 2012, Vishakhapatnam.
- Rajesh Reddy S, Manas Panigrahi, Sita Jayalakshmi, Sailaja S, Shanmukhi S. Clinical characteristics and surgical outcome of children and adolescents with temporal lobe epilepsy. 5th Japan-India Neurosurgical Conference, Osaka, Japan.
- Rajesh Reddy S, Alok Ranjan, Rahul Lath, Ratnam BG, Amitava Ray. Surgical Outcomes following posterior fossa decompressive craniectomy. APNEUROCON 2015, Hyderabad.
- Rajesh Reddy S, Sarath Chandra Sistla, Sathiaprabhu A, Gomathi Sankar. Barium peritonitis. [ASICON 2007, Kanchipuram].
- Rajesh Reddy S, Sahu BP, Suchanda B, Purohit AK. Surgical outcome and quality of life in patients with intracranial arachnoid cysts – a retrospective and prospective study. [APNEUROCON 2011, Hyderabad].
- Rajesh Reddy S, Reddy AK, Manas Panigrahi, Naidu CS. Anterior surgical approaches to cervicodorsal Koch’s spine: the “hidden zone”. [APNEUROCON 2012, Vishakhapatnam].
- Rajesh Reddy S, Rahul Lath, Ratnam BG, Amitava Ray, Madan Soma, Alok Ranjan. Seven year experience with vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty. [APNEUROCON 2013, Guntur].
- Rajesh Reddy S, Rahul Lath, Ratnam BG, Amitava Ray, Madan Soma, Alok Ranjan. Role of intracisternal tPA in the management of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. [NEUROVASCON 2013, Hyderabad].
- Rajesh Reddy S, Alok Ranjan, Rahul Lath, Ratnam BG, Amitava Ray, Kaushal, Madan. Percutaneous vertebral augmentation procedures – an institutional experience. [NSICON 2016, Hyderabad].
- Rajesh Reddy S, Alok Ranjan, Rahul Lath, Ratnam BG, Amitava Ray, Kaushal, Madan. Endovascular options for internal carotid artery aneurysms. [APNEUROCON 2016, Vijayawada].
Research and Publications
- Rajesh RS, Premarajan KC, Narayan KA, Mishra AK. Rapid appraisal of knowledge, attitude and practices related to family planning among men within five years of married life. Indian J Prev. Soc. Med. 34(1&2): 62-7, 2003 [ICMR project work].
- Parija SC, Rajesh Reddy S. Co agglutination test for cysticercus antigen detection in the serum for the diagnosis of cysticercosis. Tropical Doctor 36(3): 144-7, 2006 [ICMR project work].
- Sistla SC, Reddy R, Dharanipragada K, Jagdish S. Enterocutaneous fistula due to mesh fixation in the repair of lateral incisional hernia: a case report. Cases Journal 1(1): 370,2008
- Sistla SC, Reddy R, Sankar G, Elangovan S. Pelvic leiomyoma presenting as perineal hernia. Hernia 13(2): 213-5, 2009
Post doctoral course:
- Reddy R, Vijayasaradhi M, Uppin MS, Challa S, Jabeen A, Borghain R. Acanthamoeba meningoencephalitis in an immunocompetent patient – an autopsy case report. Neuropathology 31(2): 183-7, 2011
- Reddy RS, Vijaysaradhi M, Uppin MS, Challa S. A rare case of extradural neurenteric cyst with supratentorial and infratentorial extension. Acta Neurochirurgica 152(11): 1957-9, 2010
- Reddy R, Vijayasaradhi M, Biswal D. Focal ligamentum flavum hypertrophy with ochronotic deposits – an unusual cause for neurogenic claudication in alkaptonuria. Asian Spine Journal 6(2); 148-51, 2012
- Reddy SR, Panigrahi M, Varma R. Intracranial lipoma with subgaleal extension – an interesting case report with review of literature. Neurol India 60(4); 444-46, 2012
- Reddy R, Krishna V, Sahu BP, Uppin M, Sundaram C. Multifocal spinal meningeal melanocytoma: an illustrated case review. Turkish Neurosurgery 22(6):791-4, 2012
- Rajesh Reddy S, Manas Panigrahi, Narasimha Rao DV. Bilateral anteromedial middle cranial fossa defects causing spontaneous cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhoea – two case illustrations with review of literature on management. Neurol India 60:679-81, 2012
- S Rajesh Reddy, BG Ratnam, Rahul Lath, Alok Ranjan. The significance of redundant nerve roots of cauda equina. Neurol India 61: 562, 2013
- Jayalakshmi S, Panigrahi M, Reddy R, Somayajula S. Clinical characteristics and long term outcome of surgery for hypothalamic hamartoma in children with refractory epilepsy. Ann Indian Acad Neurol 17(1): 43-7, 2014
- Rajesh S Reddy, Alok Ranjan, Rahul Lath. Multifocal CNS vasculopathy due to reactivation of latent varicella – a potentially reversible complication following radiofrequency ablation for trigeminal neuralgia. Neurology India 62(3): 327-9, 2014
- Rajesh Reddy Sannareddy, K Rambabu, Vinay EC Kumar, Ratnam Boola Gnana, Alok Ranjan. Endoscopic management of CSF rhinorrhoea. Neurol India 62(5): 532-9, 2014
- Manas Panigrahi, Bharat Gupta, Rajesh Reddy. Endoscopy – is it safe? Asian Journal of Neurosurgery 12: 17-21, 2017
- Rajesh Reddy Sannareddy, Rahul Lath, Michelle Padua, Alok Ranjan. Meningioma with brain abscess. Indian J Neurosurgery, Oct 2017
CO-AUTHOR FOR CHAPTERS IN TEXT BOOK:
- Ramamurthy and Tandon’s Textbook of Neurosurgery, 3rd edition, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. Editors: Prakash Narain Tandon, Ravi Ramamurthy. Volume 2, Chapter 114 – Lumbar disc disease, pages 1280-1289.
Brain, Spine & Endovascular Neurosurgeon Apollo Institute of Neurosciences Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad [since Dec 2012]
Visiting Scholar – Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
Clinical fellow – University Hospital, Zurich 
Clinical fellow – KIMS, Hyderabad [2011 – 2012]
Certifications & Professional Memberships
MEMBERSHIPS / AFFLIATIONS:
- Tamil Nadu Medical Council [reg no: 76038].
- Andhra Pradesh Medical Council [reg no: 77796].
- Member – Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh [reg no: 74877].
- Life Member – Indian Medical Association [reg no: AP/17322/21/2553/176096/2013-13/CL]
- Life Member – Andhra Pradesh Neuroscientists’ Association [reg no: 201].
- Life Member – Neurological Society of India [reg no: RNS-123].
- Life Member – Indian Society for Cerebrovascular Surgery.
- Life Member – Society for Therapeutic Neurointervention.
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Stroke intervention
- Cerebrovascular (Micro and Endovascular) neurosurgery
- Nerve injuries
- Cervical and lumbar disc procedures
- Brain and spine tumors