Awards and Achievements
- Institute Silver Medal in Pediatrics. Post Graduate Institute, Chandigarh, India. July 1998.
- First Merit Prize in Internal Medicine. University of Health Sciences, A.P, India.
- Best Outgoing student at Medical college. Dr. P.V Rao Gold Medal- Yr 1994.
- Gold Medalin Surgery,year 1994.
Research and Publications
- French H, Mark Dalzell A, Srinivasan R, El-Matary W. Relapse rate following azathioprine withdrawal in maintaining remission for Crohn’s disease: a meta-analysis. Dig Dis Sci. 2011 Jul 56 71929-36.Srinivasan R, Irvine T, Dalzell AM.
- Traction Removal of Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy in Children”. Digestive diseases and sciences.2010.
- 55 , 2874-2877.Irvine T, Srinivasan R, Casson DH, Auth M, Crook K, Gregg A, Rhodes J, Kneebone A, Dalzell AM.
- Assessing the value of a pre-transfer meeting in IBD transition services .
- Gastrointestinal Nursing 2010. 8 7 19 – 25.Srinivasan R, O’Neill C, Blumenow W, Dalzell AM. Caregivers perceptions following percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in children with congenital heart disease. .
- Cardiol Young. 2009 Aug 25:1-4.Srinivasan R, Irvine T, Dalzell AM. The Indications for Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy and Procedure Related Outcome J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2009 Nov;49(5):584-8.Srinivasan R, Akobeng AK. Thalidomide and thalidomide analogues for induction of remission in Crohn’s disease.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2009, Issue 2. Art. No.: CD007350. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007350.pub2Srinivasan R, Akobeng AK. Glutamine for induction of remission in Crohn s disease (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2008, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD007348. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007348.Srinivasan R, Sudheendra S, Cosgrove M, Wagner B, Baker AJ, Portmann B. Co incidental GM1 gangliosidosis in an infant with alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency. JPGN. 2008 ;47(2):196-8.NP Iyer, Srinivasan R, Evans K, Ward L, Cheung W, Matthes J. Impact of an early weighing policy on neonatal Hypernatremic dehydration and breast feeding. Arch dis child. 2008; 93: 297-299.Srinivasan R, Meyer R, Ramnarayan P, Britto J. Clinical safety of Lactobacillus casei shirota as a probiotic in critically ill children .
- JPGN 2006; 42(2):171-174.Srinivasan R, Hadzic N, Fischer J, Knisely AS. Steatohepatitis and unsuspected micronodular cirrhosis in Dorfman-Chanarin syndrome with documented ABHD5 mutation. J Pediatr. 2004 May; 144(5):662-5.Arora RS, Srinivasan R.
- Is polyethylene glycol safe and effective for chronic constipation in children? Arch Dis Child. 2005 Jun; 90(6):643-646.Srinivasan R, Cosgrove M, Huddard S, Evans D. Autoimmune Thyrotoxicosis and Achalasia Cardia.
- Association or mere coincidence? Indian J Pediatr. 2009 Aug;76(8):850-1.Srinivasan R, Menon L, Stevens P, Campbell IA, Alfaham M. Ethnic differences in selective neonatal BCG immunisation: White British children miss out.
- Thorax 2006; 61: 247-249.Menon L, Srinivasan R, Alfaham M. Selective neonatal BCG immunisation in a multiethnic community: poor uptake among White British infants. Commun Dis Public Health. 2004 Dec; 7 4 388Srinivasan R, Arora RS.
- Do well infants born with an isolated single umbilical artery need investigation? Arch. Dis. Child. 2005; 90: 100 – 101.Srinivasan R, Yeo TH. Are newer macrolides effective in eradicating carriage of Pertussis? Arch. Dis. Child 2005; 90:322-324.Srinivasan .R, Stevens.P. Selective neonatal BCG vaccination: Specialist BCG clinics are an alternative. Acta Paediatrica 2005 May; 94 5 634 – 635Singhi PD, Bansal A, Ramesh S, Khandelwal N, Singhi SC.
- Predictive value of electroencephalography and computed tomography in childhood non-traumatic coma. Indian J Pediatr. 2005 Jun 72 6 475-9.Bansal A, Singhi SC, Singhi PD, Khandelwal N, Ramesh S. Non traumatic coma. Indian J Pediatr. 2005 Jun; 72 6 467-73.Srinivasan R. Pamidronate lines. Indian Pediatrics. 2005 42 959-96013.
- Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist Alderhey Children’s Foundation NHS Trust
- Hon Senior Lecturer, Institute of Child Health, University of Liverpool, UK
Tertiary Gastroenterologist Experience:
- 2004-05: Singleton Hospital, Swansea, South Wales.
- 2005-06: Bristol Royal Hopital for Children, UK. 2006-07: Alderhey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool, UK.
- 2008: Booth Hall Children’s Hospital, Manchester.
- 2009-11: Alderhey Children’s Hospital, Liverpool, UK as consultant and all senior lecturer.
SUPRAREGIONAL HEPATOLOGY EXPEIENCE:
- 2002-03 Kings college Hospital, London
- 2007-08 St.James’s University Hospital, leeds.
- PEDIATRIC & NEONATAL EXPERIENCE
- 1995-98; MD post graduate institute of medical education & research , Chandigarh India(PGIMER)
- 1999 senior resident in Pediatrics( Apollo Hospital Hyd)
- 2000-01; SCUNTHORPE GENERAL HOSPITAL, LINCOLNSHIRE, UK
- 2001; NORTH WICK PARK HOSPITAL, LONDON-NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE
- 2001-02 GREAT ORMOND STREET HOSPITTAL LONDON
- 2002; ST MARYS HOSPITAL LONDON(PAEDIATRIC INTENSIVE CARE)
- 2003; SINGLETON HOSPITAL, SWANSEA, NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE, INCLUDING TRANSPORT, RETRIEVAL
- 2003-04 CARDIFF- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL OF WALES, ST DAVIDS HOSPITAL
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Cochrane Ibd Group
- BSPGHAN – British Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and NutritionRCPCH
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, UK .
- Life FellowLife member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- IAP Life Member, Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology in children
- Endoscopy, Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy insertion and exchange,
- Variceal Band Ligation, Ileo Colonoscopy , Polypectomy , Foreign body removal, ERCP,
- Intraoperative endoscopy, Oesophageal dilatation, Capsule endoscopy, GI Physiology
- Liver Biopsy, Transplant and Non Transplant Hepatology , Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition .