Dr.Rachna Vinaya Kumar
Awards and Achievements
- Dr Rachna VK did her MBBS from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, in the year 2004. Following that, she did her MS in Ophthalmology from Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital and Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, Hyderabad.(2005-2008).
- She has done her longterm fellowship in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus from Narayana Nethralaya and Post graduate Institute of Ophthalmology, Bangalore in the year 2009-2011.
- She was the youngest paediatric ophthalmologist in the country to be awarded the FAICO ( Fellow of the All India Collegium of Ophthalmology) fellowship in Paediatric ophthalmology and Strabismus by the All India Ophthalmic Society in the year 2010.
- She has presented papers and posters at various national and international conferences
- She did a fellowship in neuro opthalmology from JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL USA in 2015
Research and Publications
- ÏRIS STROMAL CYST WITH CATARACT MANAGED BY CYST ASPIRATION AND DIODE LASER PHTOCOAGULATION IN A CHILD” in Indian journal of Ophthalmology, July 2011, vol 59 no 4 pgs 332-334
- Dr Rachna VK currently works as a consultant Paediatric ophthalmologist,Neuro Opthalmologist and adult squint specialist in Apollo hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad.
- She mainly deals with the treatment of all eye disorders in children from birth to 16 years of age, medical & surgical management of all kinds of squints in all age groups including adults, management of diplopia (doube vision) and neuro ophthalmic disorders leading to loss of vision.
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Member of Hyderabad Opthalmic association from 2007
- All India Opthalmological Society.