- 2013 TO 2015 (International Fellowships): USA, UK & Europe
- 2013: FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics), United Kingdom
- 2007: ATLS Instructor, Taught in UK from 2007 to 2011
- 2002: FRCSI, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin
- 1993 to 1997: M.S (Orthopaedics), J.J.M.M.C, Davangere, India
- 1986 to 1992: MBBS, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India
- 1975 to 1986: Hyderabad Public School (Begumpet), Hyderabad, India
Total Knee Replacements, Unicompartmental Knee Replacements, High Tibial Osteotomies, Total Hip Replacements, Revision Total Joint Replacements, Knee Arthroscopy and Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction & All other aspects of Knee Sports Medicine
1. Fellowship in Adult Hip & Knee Joint Reconstruction (2013 to 2014): Wake Forest School of Medicine, North Carolina; U.S.A
2. Fellowship in Knee Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy (2014 to 2015): The Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Dorset, U. K
3. Visiting/ Travelling Fellowships in Europe (2015):
Visiting Knee Fellowships in Germany: Sporthopaedicum (Berlin); University of Munich; Endoklinik (Hamburg) & Tubingen
Visiting Knee Fellowship in France: Lyon (Dr. De Jour)
Visiting Hip & Knee Fellowships in England: Bristol; Oxford; Cardiff; London; Basingstoke & Exeter.
Dr. R. Srinivas Reddy was educated in reputed institutions in the historic city of Hyderabad and left in 1998, for further experience in the West. He has returned in 2015 to re-establish roots, and serve the patients in India. During his time abroad he has worked as an Orthopaedic Surgeon in the famed National Health Service (NHS), UK for nearly 16 years. He has also worked as a Fellow in a large University Hospital in USA for 8 months. Further, he has done Visiting/Travelling Fellowships in Europe for 4 months prior to his relocation to India.
Awards & Achievements
1. Professor Fred Heatley prize for Research (2005).
Poster on Correcting the Constant score for age: The decline in shoulder function as patient’s age. Annual combined South East and South West Thames circuit meeting, St George’s Hospital, London.
2. Annual Prize for Best Project (2002).
Audit on Oxford Unicompartmental Knee replacement as day case procedure. Awarded by Department of Orthopaedics, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, UK.
3. Andhra Pradesh State Merit Scholarship Award (1980 to 1986).
This is granted to students after open competition in the entire state and results in subsidised Boarding school education till the completion of ICSE & ISC Board exams.
Research & Publications
1. Examination of the wrist: surface anatomy of the carpal bones
Current Orthopaedics (2005) 19, Issue 3: 171-179.
2. Examination of the wrist: soft tissue, joints and special tests
Current Orthopaedics (2005) 19, Issue 3: 180-189.
3. Gunshot injuries to the extremities: experience of a U.K trauma centre
Injury 2005; 36(3): 406-410.
4. Motor and sensory ulnar neuropathy following mountain bike riding: a case report and literature review.
Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol (2005) 15: 157-158.
5. Mitek anchor pull out strength – A biomechanical study on fresh frozen cadaver hands: Preliminary results in comparison with the pull out suture at the distal phalangeal level
South Thames Orthopaedic Proceedings; Issue 1; January 2005: 75-79.
6. Correcting the Constant Score for age: The decline in shoulder function as patient’s age.
South Thames Orthopaedic Proceedings; Issue 2; January 2006: 27-28
7. The Shape of the articulating ends in the Acromioclavicular joint: A study of 79 cadaver shoulders.
South Thames Orthopaedic Proceedings; Issue 2; January 2006: 29-37
8. King’s Handbook of fracture classification: written chapter on knee fracture classification.
9. An Unusual presentation of a Recurrent Neurofibroma in the Hand (case report).
Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol (Issue 17/4, July 2007)
“A Prospective Clinical, Radiological and Pathological Study of Bone Tumours and Tumour like lesions (90 cases)” accepted for the award of M. S degree in Orthopaedics in 1997.
III. Audit Experience :
1. Analysis of PROMS data for RBCH, Bournemouth, UK (2013-2014).
2. Joint Bundle Implementation and achievement of Reduction in Infection Rates in a US University Hospital (2013-2014).
3. Compliance of VTE Prophylaxis for Hip and Knee Replacements with Department protocol after introduction of oral anticoagulants. Yeovil District Hospital, Somerset, UK – 2012.
4. Introduction of uniform protocol (based on NICE guidelines) for Prophylaxis against Venous Thromboembolism following Elective Orthopaedic Surgery. Cheltenham General Hospital, UK – January 2009