Awards and Achievements
- Gold medal for the best outgoing student of the college for the year 2001.
- Gold Medals in Final M.B.B.S and First M.B.B.S in the years 2001 and 1997 from University of health sciences, India.
- Gold Medals in Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Gold medal in Physiology, 1997.
- 2 nd prize in All India National Paediatric Quiz in the year 2000
- First class in 12 of the13 subjects in M.B.B.S.
- Cost effectiveness of HALO vs PDT- BSG, UK, 2011.
- “Post ERCP complications” at the NW Deanery Gastroenterology Conference, Windermere, 23rd June 07.
- A pulse of acid or acidified bile salt induces down-regulation of the homeobox gene CDX2 in an intestinal cell line (British Society of Gastroenterology; March 2010)
- Unusual cases of GI bleeding- “Aortioenteric fistula, Splenic artery aneurysm”, 5th North west annual conference 23rd June 07.
- EASL conference, European association of study of Liver disease, London, 4-7th April 2014.
- UEGW, European gastroenterology conference, Berlin, Oct 13th to16th.
- “BSG (British society of Gastroenterology) conference”, Birmingham, March 15th-17th 2011, March 20th to 23rd 2006, Liverpool March 22nd-25th 2010, Glasgow, March 26th to 29th 2007.
- BSG SpR meet- 24th-25th June 2011, Leicester, 10th-11th Sep 2010 London, 14-15th Sep2012 (attending).
- UCL live endoscopy, London 21st-22nd Oct 2011.
- Sheffield endoscopy symposium, Sheffield, 30th Oct 2011.
- 4th and 5th Trent liver research course- Nottingham, 4th Jan 2009 and 25th Jan 2011.
- Frontiers in Hepatology- University college of London, 29th-30th Sep 2010.
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th advanced ERCP skills including short wire system, spy glass- Liverpool 2008 and 2009, Manchester 2010.
Research and Publications
- Liver in systemic disease chapter, Best practice & Research clinical Gastroenterology, volume 27, 2013- N Polavarapu, D.Tripathi.
- Per oral cholangioscopy (Spy glass) experience at tertiary referral hospital, Aintree – N Polavarapu, L.Dwyer, R.Sturgess. Abstract at BSG 2010, Awarded best poster award for 2010.
- National study of outcomes for cholangiocarcinoma patients following biliary intervention: Linkage analysis of administrative date for English hospitals- N.Polavarapu, K.Bodger. Abstract at DDF 2012.
- Emergency ERCP in critically ill patients is a successful procedure- N Polavarapu, P.Lekharaju, R.Sturgess.
- bstracts at DDW 2012 and DDF 2012. Also published in Frontline gastroenterology 2012 journal.
- Early Diagnosis of Cholangiocarcinoma: Disease Spectrum, Role of Imaging, and Spy Glass Endoscopy and Radiologic-Pathologic Correlation, N.Polavarapu, A.Katti. Presented at RNSA, Northern American radiology, 2011.
- Case report on abnormal LFTs in hypothyroid pt. N Polavarapu, D.Cuthbertson, BMJ journal Jan 2011.
- PEXACT as feeding options in Head and Neck cancer patient, Aintree. N.Polavarapu, K.Bowering, R.Sturgess. Abstracts at BSG 2010, DDW 2010).
- Cost effectiveness of HALO vs PDT, Aintree. N.Polavarapu, N.Kapoor. Abstract at BSG 2010.
- Patient satisfaction in Colonoscopy, Aintree hospital. N.Polavarapu, V.Athwal, S.Sarkar. Abstracts at BSG 2009, DDW 2009).
- Endoscopic ablation of dysplastic Barrett’s oesophagus comparing Argon Plasma Coagulation and Photodynamic Therapy: long-term results of a randomised prospective trial. N.Polavarapu, N.Kapoor, K.Bodger. (PLENARY poster BSG 09).
- Nutritional Support in intensive care units – National Survey of current practise in the U.K. N.Polavarapu, N.Kapoor, P.O’Toole. Gut 2008.
- Rapid Access Upper GI Cancer Service (RAUGICS): Workload, non-attendance and predictive value of referral criteria. N.Polavarapu, N.Kapoor. Gut 2008.
- “Post ERCP Complications- N.Polavarapu, H.Dallal. Abstract BSG 2008, North west conf 2007.
2nd and 3rd pilot studies of national IBD audit, was the lead role from Aintree hospital.