Summary of Profile
- July 96 – Dec 99 University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Texas, USA, Fellowship in Pediatric Nephrology (3-1/2 years)
- July 93 – June 96 University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT, USA, Pediatric Residency (3 years)
- Feb 93 – June 93 Wadia Children’s Hospital, Bombay, India, Emergency Medical Officer (5 months)
1) International Pediatric Nephrology Association
2) Indian Society of Pediatric Nephrology
3) Asian Pediatric Nephrology Association
4 )Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Best Fellow Research Award for Role of thyroid hormone in maturation of PST NaCl transport, Society of Pediatric Research meeting, Boston, USA, May 2000.
- Best Fellow Award (1998-1999), Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, Texas, USA.
- Excellence in Teaching by Senior Resident (1995-1996), Univ. of Connecticut Health Center, CT, USA.
Papers & Publications
- M. Shah. Fluid therapy in acute and chronic renal failure. Indian Journal of Practical Pediatrics vol. 4, No.3: 58 – 63 (2002)
- V.V.S.S. Chandrasekharam, M. Shah. Outcome of patients with antenatally detected pelviureteric junction obstruction. Pediatr Nephrol (2005) 20: 547
- Authored 5 chapters on fluid and electrolye disturbances for Principle and Practice of Pediatric Nephrology, editors BR Nammalwar and Vijayakumar, Published by Jaypee brothers, 2004.
- Post-Infectious Acute Glomerulo nephritis: Is it still benign – Poster presentation at Asian Pediatric Nephrology Society Meeting in Beijing, China, October 2004
- Conducted several CME’s and delivered lectures in various important
- clinical topics in pediatric nephrology for practicing pediatricians in the state of Andhra Pradesh and national conferences
Any Specific Clinical Achievements
- Dialysis(both hemodialysis and perutoneal dialysis) in young children
- Charcoal hemoperfusion for phenytoin intoxication in 2 young children