Awards and Achievements
- Best outgoing student and Gold medalist in MBBS at Christian Medical College, Vellore.
- High achiever during MBBS, MD and FRACP with various awards and distinctions and publications in international journals.
- Work experience in research driven clinics and Musculoskeletal Ultrasound.
Research and Publications
- Dugar M, Rankin WA, Rowe E, Smith MD. “My foot hurts”: a flare of rheumatoid arthritis. Med. J Aust. 2009 Apr 6;190(7):392-3.
- Dugar M, Woolford R, Ahern MJ, Smith MD, Roberts-Thomson PJ. Use of electronic tonometer to assess skin hardness in systemic sclerosis: a pilot cross-sectional study. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2009; 27(suppl 54):S70
- Taught medical students, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2001 – 2004
- Private Practice, Hooghly, West Bengal, 2004 – 2005
- Taught medical students, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia, 2009 – 2010
- Consultant, Rheumatology, Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, 2010 – Present
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Australian Rheumatology Association
- Diagnosis and management of rheumatological conditions like rheumatoid arthritis,lupus, scleroderma and others.
- Evaluation and management of patients with complaints of joint pains (shoulders,knees, hands and feet, etc),muscle weakness (myositis),body pain and back pain.
- MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 1995 – 2000
- MD (Medicine), Christian Medical College, Vellore, 2001 – 2004
- FRACP (Rheumatology), Flinders Medical Centre, Australia, 2007 – 2009
- FRACP (Rheumatology), Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia, 2009 – 2010