- MBBS; MD/Residency Paediatrics; DM/Fellowship in Paediatric Cardiology; Additional training in fetal Cardiology
Awards and Achievements
- 10 years of experience in taking care of all congenital heart diseases in children and adults.Consultant perinatal Cardiologist in Fetal medicine divisions of various hospitals.
- Founder, AP Pediatric Cardiac Network, Hyderabad10 years of experience in teaching /mentor students, MD’s, fellows and staffConducted heart camps, Community service projectsInvited speaker for several local, regional, national conferenceDeveloped counsel curriculum materialSeveral peer reviewed publications
Research and Publications
- Atrial baffle problems following mustard operation in children & young adults with dextro-transposition of great arteries; need for improved clinical detection in current era. Patel s, shah d, chintala k, karpawich pp. Congenit heart dis.2011 sept ;6(5):466-74.doi:10.1111/j.1747-0803.2011.00532.x.epub 2011 june 22
- Postprocedural outcomes of rural children undergoing correction of congenital heart lesions in yunnam province, china. Ho tc, ouyang h, lu y, young ah chintala k, detrano rc. Pediatr cardiol.2011 aug;32(6): 811-4.epub 2011 apr 11.
- Senior Paediatric Cardiologist, Apollo Hospital
- Consultant perinatal Cardiologist in Fetal medicine divisions of various hospitals.
- Ex-Assistant Professor, Fellowship Education Co-ordinator & Director fetal Cardiac program at Wayne State University, USA.
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Board certified in Paediatric Cardiology by American Society of Echocardiography
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology and American Society of Echocardiography
- Founder, AP Pediatric Cardiac Network, Hyderabad
- Experience in teaching /mentor students, MD’s, fellows and staff
- Conducted heart camps, Community service projects
- Invited speaker for several local, regional, national conference
- Developed counsel curriculum material
- Several peer reviewed publications
- Congenital heart disease Imaging
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Pulmonary hypertension
- MBBS- Gandhi Medical College, Osmania University, Hyderabad, 1986 – 1991
- MD, Niloufer Hospital, Hyderabad, 1992 – 1995
- Residency Paediatrics- Cook County Hospital, Chicago, ILLINOIS, USA, 1997 – 2000
- DM/Fellowship. Paediatric Cardiology- Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI.U Wayne state University, 2000 – 2003
- Additional training in fetal Cardiology- Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia, USA