Awards and Achievements
- President of Indian Arthroplasty Association 2015-16
- President of Telangana Orthopedic Surgeons Association 2016-17
- Board Member of ASIA(Arthroplasty Surgeons in Asia)
- First prize in ‘ Quiz’, AO Course, Nottingham, Sept. 1997.
- First prize for the ‘Best Fracture Fixation’, Regional AO Workshop, Black Notley September 1995.The Michael Bastow Audit prize 1993 for Audit of perioperative antibiotic prophylaxis in Colorectal surgery in the Queen Elizabeth hospital, King s Lynn.
- Awarded State Merit Scholarship for MB, BS, Government of India.CONFERENCES ORGANISED AS A CHAIRMAN: October 2011 Novotel, Hyderabad, AP Biannual Meeting of Indian Arthroplasty Association May 2010 Hyderabad, AP AO Trauma-Principles in Operative Fracture Management May 2010 Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
- Hyderabad Advanced Orthopaedic Course November 2009 Apollo Hospitals,Hyderabad Hyderabad Advanced Orthopaedic Course May 2009 Hyderabad, AP Exeter Hip Course February 2009 Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad Hyderabad Advanced Orthopaedic Course October 2008 Apollo Hospitals,Hyderabad Hyderabad Advanced Orthopaedic Course June 2008 Hyderabad,
- AP AO-Pre Basic Course June 2008 Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad Hyderabad Advanced Orthopaedic Course January 2008 Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad Hyderabad Advanced Orthopaedic Course November 2007 Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad Hyderabad
- Advanced Orthopaedic Course PRESENTATIONS AS FACULTY:April 2011 Singapore(Guest Speaker) Expert Forum, OA Knee Mgt November 2010 IOACON,
- Jaipur As Faculty October 2010 Millennium Meeting, Chennai Infected THR & Bone Defects TKR October 2010 OSSAP, Hyderabad Locking Compression Plate October 2010 IAACON,
- Goa Infected Hemi Arthroplasty August 2010 OASISCON Chennai Bone Defects in TKR & Uncemented THR How to get good results. October 2009 OSSAP 2009 Karimnagar Complications of THR, ACL Recontion September 2009
- OASISCON Kerala Management of bone defects in TKR August 2009 VTE Experts Forum, Hyd Chaired Session August 2009 Indian Arthroplasty Association,7th Biennial Meeting, Chennai Management of Bone defects in TKR as Faculty
- August 2009 Warangal Orthopaedic Association, Warangal Management of Infected TKR as Faculty July 2009 Orthotrends, Kerala External fixator The right way to do it” as Faculty.
- March 2009 Delhi EC Meeting, IOA December 2008 IOACON, Bangalore AO LCP Workshop Revision TKR workshop Arthroplasty Sub-specialty meeting October 2008 OSSAP, Vizag Complications of THR Moderator for live TKR Surgery September 2008
- Agra Advanced AO workshop August 2008 Pondicherry Management of ACL Injuries July 2008 Nizamabad, AP Painful knee management June 2008 Hyderabad AO Pre-Basic Course June 2008 Coimbatore International VR Orthocon 08 December 2007 Kolkata ACL Reconstruction in Adolescents
- February 2007 Mauritius Management of pain in Osteoarthritis December 2006 Hyderabad Delta Course- APAS as Faculty November 2006 Delhi Indian Orthopaedic Annual Conference March 2006 Indian Arthroscopy society meeting as Faculty November 2005 Chennai Exeter Hip course as Faculty September 1998 Norwich FRCS Orth Course
Research and Publications
- Author of a chapter on “ TKR in Varus Deformity” in the book Complex Primary Total Knee Replacement, Published by theme medical publishers (March 2017)
- Long-Term (1-Year) Safety and Efficacy of a Single 6-mL Injection of Hylan G-F 20 in Indian Patients with Symptomatic Knee Osteoarthritis-Sarvajee t Pal1, Sreedhar Thuppal2, K.J. Reddy3, Sachin Avasthi4, Anish Aggarwal5,Himanshu Bansal6, Senthilnathan Mohanasundaram*,7 and Francois Bailleul8, (The Open Rheumatology Journal, 2014, 8, 54-68)
- Fungal Infection Post Total Knee Replacement- K J Reddy ( Indian Journal of Orthopaedics- June 2013)
- Editorial-Recent Advances in Orthopaedics- K J Reddy (Scientific Journal of Apollo Medicine-Dec 2012).
- Long term (1-yr) efficacy and safety of single 6ml injection of hylan g-f 20 in Indian patients with symptomatic knee OA Abstract submitted for EULAR 2012 Berlin, Germany.
- Efficacy and Safety of Single 6mL Injection of Hylan GF 20 in Indian Patients with Symptomatic Knee OA- Accepted for the 2012 AAOS (American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons) Annual Meeting in San Francisco (First time from AP).
- Management of infected Total Hip Replacement in a patient of Bilateral Severe Osteoarthritis- K J Reddy-Advances in Orthopaedic surgery, (Scientific Journal of Apollo Medicine-2009)
- Arthroscopic Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction using Four Strand Hamstring Graft- K J Reddy-Advances in Orthopaedic surgery, (Scientific Journal of Apollo Medicine-2009).
- Trabecular Patterns in Osteoarthritis of the Knee-V Panniker, KJ Reddy et al. (Indian Journal of Orthopaedics, 1992).
- Stabilisation of Acute Perilunate Dislocation Using the TAG Suture Anchor-KJ Reddy and GJ Packer (Journal of Hand Surgery, 23B: 2: 262-263).
- He has studied in AP Residential School Survail and APRJC from Nagarjuna Sagar.He is the EAMCET Topper in 1980 batch. Completed his Medicine from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad. He was best outgoing student.
- He did Post Graduation in Orthopaedics in one of the premier institutes of India, PGI, Chandigarh.Then he went to UK and spent about 14 Years. After doing FRCS General, he got into specialist Orthopaedic training in Royal London and Saint Bartholomew Hospitals , London and completed his FRCS in Orthopaedics From four Royal Colleges.
- He also did advanced training in joint replacement surgery. He was among the few from India to be complete FRCS Orth and to be appointed as chief of the unit for joint replacement surgery in Basildon & Thurrock NHS Hospitals.
- He joined Apollo Hospitals Group in Hyderabad in 2003 since then he has done extensive work in joint replacement surgery. He was invited to give guest lectures in India and abroad .He did live surgeries in many conferences.
- He has got passion for teaching and trained many surgeons. He has got many publications in Indian and international journals.
- He has treated many sports legends, to name few Sania Mirza, Sir Richard Hadlee etc.
- PRESENT POSITIONS:Chief Joint Replacement Surgeon (from April 2003) Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India.
- Hip and Knee Replacement Surgeon-Primary & Revisions, Sports and Arthroscopic surgery. Professor and HOD Orthopaedics: SVS Medical College, Mahabubnagar, Andhra Pradesh,India.
- Medical Director: SVS Medical, Dental & Associated institutions, Mahabubnagar, Andhra Pradesh, India
- SECRETARY GENERAL: Indian Arthroplasty Association (IAA) elected in 2011.
- EC Member IOA Representing AP.
- NATIONAL FACULTY: Indian Arthroplasty Association, Indian Arthroscopy Society, AO Faculty
Certifications & Professional Memberships
- Completed his MS & DNB in the Year 1990 from PGI, Cahndigarh, followed by FRCS (Edinburg), FRCS (Glasgow) in the year 1994. Completed his FRCS (Ortho) in 1998.
- He has completed his CCST in 1999 and joined as Consultant in Basildon & Thurrock Hospitals, as head of Joint Replacement Unit.(He was among the first few Asians to be appointed as head).
- Has received intensive training in Joint Replacement Surgery-Total Hip & Total knee replacements, lower limb, Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy in various Hospitasl including St.Barts, Royal London Hospital, Norwich Hospitals etc.
- Specializes in Knee , Sports Medicine & Joint Replacement Surgery
- ACADEMIC HONOURS AND PRIZES
- He won many awards – Micheal Bastow from Notingham. Best Audit prize from Cambridge, Best Operating technique from Black Notley Hospital.
- Awarded State Merit Scholarship for MBBS, Government of India.
Fellowship/Exchange Training Programme:
- Surgeons coming and spending time with me both from India and outside India.
- Exchange programme with Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad and Heidelberg University, Germany
- Exchange programme with Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad and NHS, Romford, London.
- Sports Medicine
- Joint replacement Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- He has studied in AP Residential School Survail and APRJC from Nagarjuna Sagar.
- He is the EAMCET Topper in 1980 batch.
- Completed his Medicine from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad. He was best outgoing student.
- He did Post Graduation in Orthopaedics in one of the premier institutes of India, PGI, Chandigarh. Then he went to UK and spent about 14 Years.
- After doing FRCS General, he got into specialist Orthopaedic training in Royal London and Saint Bartholomew Hospitals , London and completed his FRCS in Orthopaedics (From four Royal Colleges).
- He also did advanced training in joint replacement surgery.
- He was among the few from India to be complete FRCS Orth and to be appointed as chief of the unit for joint replacement surgery in Basildon & Thurrock NHS Hospitals