(Contact training schedule)
DURATION : 6 MONTHS (4months online & 2months campus training)
ELIGIBILITY : MBBS
Registration with MCI
- To have the knowledge and skills to provide comprehensive and continuing care for patients in all age groups
- To consider illness in psychological and social terms and not just in physical ones
- To acknowledge clinical uncertainty and to ensure safe and effective management decisions for patients
- To understand the principles of continuity of care, of the gatekeeper function and of appropriate, timely referral
- To understand the principles of health promotion and to use those principles in as many consultations as possible.
- To develop the skills of self-directed life-long learning and to make full use of information sources, including use of computers and the internet
- To possess adequate knowledge of computers and their application in clinical practice
- Primary health care: features; organization; global perspective.
- Dimensions of continuity of care, and the family doctor as gatekeeper.
- Problem-oriented patient records.
- Co-ordination of care and making effective referrals.
- Illness and disease: case studies.
- Dealing with uncertainty
- Principles of health promotion activity
- The doctor’s role in prevention of: smoking; sexually transmitted disease; any other relevant health problem(s)
- Use of medical literature; computer skills
- Principles of Quality Assurance and practice audit
Lectures, case presentations, Journal clubs. Practical demonstrations and clinicals.
All theory sessions will be held in the Academic building, Apollo Hospitals campus, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad and clinicals will be on a rotation basis at Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderguda, Secunderabad, Mehdipatnam and Malakpet.
The curriculum provided by the Royal College of General Practitioners will be adhered to
Internal Assessment – Written and orals half through the course
External Examination – Theory and Orals to be conducted by the Royal College of General
Practitioners at the end of the course
Criteria For Certification
- Minimum attendance of 90% in theory and clinicals sessions.
- Completion of logbook
- 50% Marks in Internal assessment
Prospectus and application form : Rs.200
Admission Fee : Rs.15000
Examination Fee : Rs.5000
Monthly Fee (Rs.5000 * 6) : Rs.30000
Total Course Fee : Rs.50000
On admission fee to be paid : Admission fee Rs.15000 + Examination fee Rs.5000 + First month fee Rs.5000 = Rs.25000
- In case a candidate fails, he/she will have to re-appear for examinations paying a fee of Rs.5000.
- Fee once paid cannot be refunded, transferred or adjusted against any other purpose.
- All payments must be made in favor of “Medvarsity Online Ltd” payable at Hyderabad. Payments will be accepted only in cash, money orders or demand drafts.
Hostel within the hospital campus will be provided for female trainees on payment of additional fee. Plenty of accommodation is available for male candidates close to the hospitals.
Successful Candidates To Receive “Diploma In Family Medicine” Jointly From AHERF & RCGP