The department has commenced from the inception of the hospital – Over the year 2002-03 to the last financial year the department has grown at a healthy rate of 18 %.
- Their has been a steady growth of dialysis done
- New facilities like intensive care dialysis/ CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement therapy)
- State of the art Dialysis machines / Dialysis chairs
- Renal transplants from inception of the hospital majority are live donor – kidney transplants
- We have also done 5 cadaver transplants.
- All basic support facilities for transplantation like Transplant immunology / Radiology / Histopathology / Drug assay / Nuclear Medicine are available since a long time.
- CAPD and other dialysis modalities)
- Trained clinical coordinators to impart training at home for Dialysis for 24 hours are available
- Advanced water treatment system for dialysis
- Paediatric nephrologists is a part of the Nephrology team at Apollo, which is missing in many other hospitals
- Kidney transplants / Dialysis / CAPD / Training programme for DNB Nephrology.
- CAPD clinic / Transplant clinic
- Paediatric Nephrology
- All facilities required for Nephrology patient is available under one roof with necessary medical & diagnostic support and guidance round the clock.
- Excellent team approach and medical cover round the clock
- Advanced water treatment system resulting in quality Dialysis
- International expertise of doctors
- High standards of treatment and care
- Proven track record
- Regular on job training is imparted for newly appointed Dialysis Technician
- This hospital being a DNB centre for Nephrology the students receive extensive Academic and practical training in the said field.
Equipment and Facilities
Dialysis / CAPD cycler / Renal Transplant / Medical management for CRF & complex Renal ailments. / CRRT
Dialysis & CAPD and Renal Angiography & Angioplasty (In very rare cases)
Renal Transplant / Laproscopic Donor Nephrotomy /Endo Urology