Since Nurses are the ones who spend the most time with the patients nurturing and nursing them, we firmly believe in imparting highly scientific nursing education with an objective to train devoted, dedicated, and committed nurses Profile of Staff – We have well-experienced faculty as laid down by Indian Nursing Council with B.Sc. (Nursing) qualifications. Each faculty trains the students in their subjects, theoretically and practically. The teaching methods and other audio- visual aids help the academic staff to provide the best education to the students.
The course in General Nursing will be of 3 ½ years duration. The maximum hours per week per student shall be 36 hours, which includes instructions and clinical field experience.
- The subject curriculum for 3 years includes the following.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- First Aid
- Personal Hygiene
- Community Health Nursing-I
- Environmental Hygiene
- Health Education and communication skills
- Medical-Surgical Nursing-I
- Medical-Surgical Nursing-II
- Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing
- Computers in Nursing
- Midwifery and Gynaecological Nursing
- Community Health Nursing – II
- Paediatric Nursing
Curriculum for Internship period six months – after completing 3 years
- Educational Methods and Media for Teaching In the practice of Nursing
- Introduction to Research
- Professional Trends and Adjustments
- Administration and Ward Management
- Health Economics
Admission Terms and Conditions – Eligibility Criteria/students profile
- Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 and 35 years respectively.
- Minimum Qualification: 10+2 class passed or it’s equivalent preferably with Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) subjects with an aggregate of 45% marks.’
- Those who have cleared 10+2 vocational ANM course (revised after 2001) from the school recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- ANM training.e.10+1 ½ years training should also have passed +2 or its equivalent examination
- Admission of students is once in a year.
- In addition to the above, the admission procedure can be laid down by the concerned State Nursing Council / Nursing Examination Boards.
- The Head of the institute / Principal certifies that she has completed not less than 11 months of the course and that her performance has been satisfactory
- She has attended 70% of the formal instructions, both Theory and Practical
- Her record of practical experience should be up to date.