Surgical Gastroenterology & Minimal Surgery & Pancreatic Surgeries
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology & Key Hole Surgery
A full-fledged Department of Surgical Gastroenterology along with laparoscopic surgical facilities has been functioning since 1990 at Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, which is first of its kind in Andhra Pradesh and south India. The Department deals with all the diseases of the entire digestive tract, which include oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, rectum and anal canal besides liver, gall bladder and the pancreas.
The Department is keeping pace with all the current trends in the diagnosis and treatment of all surgical problems related to the digestive tract.
- The Department was the first to begin Laparoscopic Surgery work in 1990
- Largest number of LAP surgical procedures in this part of the country with 99.5% success rate.
- First to do lap PDA ligation in South India in the years 1995-96
- First to start a Hand Assisted Lap Procedure (HALS) for solid organs Eg: Splenectomy
- First to start animal lab for training Surgeons in Laparoscopic Surgeries
- One of the first to acquire harmonic scalpel for blood less surgery, in the State
- Surgery for morbid obesity
- Robotic for Advance Processor
- International expertise & exposure of the doctors
- All medical specialities are available under one roof
- Excellent diagnostic and Intensive Care backed up by support services
- High standards of treatment and care
- Proven track record
- Cases handled (challenging, cannot be solved anywhere else, high risk, cutting edge innovative etc.)
- For patients and their family members
- Pre-operative and post-operative counseling for patient and attendants, details on treatment plan and time, Rehabilitation & Diet counseling for patient.
- The post operative initiatives taken by this Department for poly trauma & perennial surgeries is physiotherapy & endocrinology -Diabetic advice coupled with Dietician and Psychiatry (Psychology) advice.