Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Gastroenterology and Hepatology is the medical speciality concerned with digestive diseases and disease concerning Liver, Gall Bladder and Pancreas. The Department at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad has a full range of latest Endoscopic facilities including ERCP and its related interventions and is providing round-the-clock service to Gastro-Intestinal Emergencies like blood vomiting, foreign body ingestion and hepatic coma.
- Endoscopic Management of Chronic Pancreatitis
- 24 hour service for acute bleeds & acute liver failure
- Comprehensive workup in chronic liver diseases leading to liver transplant assessment.
- Serological assessment for Hepatitis A, B, C, D & E
Medical Gastroenterology & Hepatology deals
- Cases of jaundice.
- All kinds of liver disorders (cirrhosis of the liver & its complications).
- Alcoholic Liver Disease.
- All Hepatitis cases (HepA, HepB, HepC, Drug-induced, etc.)
- Gall Bladder Stones, Common Bile duct Stones
- Acute & Chronic Pancreatitis
- All cases of pain abdomen
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Blood Vomiting (Hematemesis)
- Black coloured stools (Malena)
- Blood in stools
- Diarrhea(Acute& Chronic)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (ulcerative colitis, Crohn’sDisease)
- Peptic Ulcer Disease (Gastritis, Gastric Ulcer, Duodenal Ulcer)
- Gastro oesophagal Reflux Disease (GERD )
- Dyspepsia (upper abdomen discomfort, bloating )
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome ( altered bowel habits )
Indications for Upper GI Endoscopy (Gastroscopy)
- Difficulty in swallowing (Dysphagia).
- GERD (Gastro oesophagal Reflux Disease).
- Upper abdominal discomfort, pain (Dyspepsia).
- Blood Vomiting (Hematemesis).
- Black coloured stools (Malena).
- All cases of liver diseases (for variceal screening).
- Investigation of Iron deficiency anemia.
- Investigation of loss of appetite & loss of weight.
- Investigation of chronic diarrhea
- Biopsies to diagnose H.Pyloriinfection, UGI Malignancies
Indications for Colonoscopy
- Blood in stools
- Investigation of Chronic diarrhea
- Investigation of loss of appetite & loss of weight
- Investigation of altered bowel habits
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease)
- In Population with Family History of Colon Cancer (Screening)
Therapeutic Procedures are done by Gastroenterologist
- Achalasia Cardia Balloon Dilatation
- Esophageal Stricture Dilatation
- Esophageal Variceal Ligation (VaricealBanding)
- Injection therapy (Adrenaline) for ulcer bleed
- Hemoclip Application for ulcer bleed
- CRE Balloon Dilatation for Pyloric Stenosis
- ERCP & CBD Stone Removal
- ERCP & CBD Stenting
- ERCP & CBD Stricture Dilatation
- Bile Leak Management
- Foreign Body Removal from Gastrointestinal tract
EUS Guided FNAC
EUS Guided Pancreatic Pseudocyst Drainage