Tips to speed up Metabolism and burn more Fat
- Eat as early as possible in the morning, start the day with a good breakfast. When your body goes on starvation, it will conserve its energy, and its metabolism decreases.
- Don’t allow your diet to be below 1200 calories in a day. If you do eat below that amount, metabolism will decrease.
- Have a constant regular exercise regime, about 4-5 days per week, which will increase metabolism. Biking, jogging, elliptical training, and walking are all great forms of exercise.
- Do weight training about 3 times a week or more, which will build more muscles and increase metabolism to burn more fat. Strength training and endurance exercises that help build muscle, will not only help tone up the body, but will also assist in boosting metabolism.
- Undertake aerobic exercise regularly to boost metabolism. Aerobic exercises increase your energy expenditure by burning calories. They not only boost your metabolism during the period of exercise, but also for a short time afterwards.
- Drink lots of water every day. When you have a higher metabolism, your body will need more water, so drink at least eight glasses of water or more every day. Believe it or not, water is not just a stomach filler. Water is required for the body to perform metabolic functions and therefore to burn energy.
- Don’t starve. Starvation or serious abrupt calorie-reduction can dramatically reduce BMR by up to 30 percent. Restrictive low-calorie weight loss diets may cause your BMR to drop as much as 20 percent.
- Eat smaller meals more frequently during the day to help prevent the body’s BMR from falling. In addition, by eating smaller, more regular meals, one will be less prone to hunger and this can therefore help combat cravings.