Snake Bite – What To Do
A snake bite is an injury caused by the bite of a snake, most often resulting in two puncture wounds due to the fangs. Snake bites can be either poisonous or non poisonous. Bites due to non-poisonous snakes are more common. However if a poisonous snake injects poison into the wound. this can can lead to paralysis, life threatening bleeding and death.
In case of a snake bite:
Do not panic.
Reassure the victim.
Immobilise the affected limb with a cardboard splint and sticking tape.
Seek medical attention immediately.
Do not pick up the snake or try to trap it (this may put you or someone else at risk for a bite).
Do not apply a tight bandage around the wound.
Do not cut the wound with a knife/blade.
Do not suck out the venom.
Do not apply ice or immerse the wound in water.
Remember, in case of snake bite, contact the nearest Apollo Emergency immediately.