Simple Tips for Healthy Eyes
Know your family’s eye health history.
Talk to your family members about their eye health history. It’s important to know if anyone has been diagnosed with a disease or condition since many are hereditary. This will help to determine if you are at higher risk for developing an eye disease or condition.
- Eat right to protect your sight.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Wear protective eyewear.
- Quit smoking or never start.
- Be cool and wear your shades.
- Give your eyes a rest.
- Clean your hands and your contact lenses—properly.
- Practice workplace eye safety.