Regular Activities For Children 5 – 17 Years OLD
Regular physical activity is good for everyone. For babies and young children regular physical activity is important for healthy growth and development.
From childhood onwards, regular physical activity is important for:
- Maintaining good health.
- Preventing the development of health risk factors or poor health.
- Enhancing self-confidence and social skills.
The Many Benefits of Exercise
Everyone can benefit from regular exercise. Kids who are active will:
- have stronger muscles and bones
- have a leaner body because exercise helps control body fat
- be less likely to become overweight
- decrease the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- possibly lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels
- have a better outlook on life