Lentil Pasta Soup
Recipe by Sunita Pant Bansal
135 calories per serving
- 30 g carrots, sliced
- 30 g onions, sliced
- 30 g pumpkin, diced
- 30 g tomatoes, chopped
- 30 g lentils, soaked
- 5 g butter
- 30g pasta rings/shells, boiled
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste Sprig of coriander to garnish
- Cook sliced onion in the butter until soft. Add carrots, pumpkin and 2 tbsp of water, cook until tender.
- Add the lentils, stir and add turmeric powder, salt and pepper to taste. Add 3 cups of water. Boil.
- When the lentils are cooked, add the tomatoes. Simmer till tomatoes soften.
- Add pasta and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
Sunita’s recipes have been prepared by Chef de Partie Saibur Rahman Khan, Executive Chef Bhuban Mohan Mridha and Executive Sous Chef Vinayaga Murthy at Apollo Health City, Hyderabad