Jujube Fruit Benefits
Jujube fruit benefits are mainly offered by the nutrients present in it.
1. The unripe fruit increases thirst, lessens expectoration and biliousness.
2. Because of mucilaginous property of the fruit, it acts as herbal medicine to treat sore throat. 3. As this fruit is high in vitamin A, C and potassium, it strengthens the immune system of the body. Thus it helps in prevention of common colds and cough.
4. It helps in the formation and maintenance of the blood stream, body hormones, bones, muscles, skin, hair, body enzymes and neurotransmitters.
5. It is also loaded with 18 out of the 24 important amino acids. It helps in the formation of more than 50,000 proteins of the body. All this, actually triggers the wound healing process.
6. It has soothing effect on the nervous system and acts as a natural sedative.
7. It relieves stress and anxiety.
8. Jujube fruit helps lower blood pressure.
9. Jujube fruit boosts your immune system.
10. Jujube helps cure some of the liver diseases. It is found that the jujube offers protection against liver injury by acting as an antioxidant.
11. Jujube fruit is used to treat anemia and purpura.
12. It has anti-oxidant properties. So it helps in delaying the process of skin aging.
13. One of the most important jujube fruit benefits is that it inhibits the growth and movement of free radicals. Vitamin C is a good antioxidant and helps to control the growth of the tumor causing cells and cells that can lead to cancers.
14. The berries are blood purifier and an aid to digestion.
15. The ripe fruit is sweet, sour, and has flavor, not good for digestion; causes diarrhea in large doses.
16. When jujube extract is combined with certain herbs like ginger, licorice, and mint, it soothes achy throat muscles.
17. The jujube extract is useful in control of cold and flu (fever).
18. It has anti-carcinogenic properties.
19. According to the recent study, water extract of the jujube fruit was found effective for inhibiting the tumor causing cells and cells that can lead to leukemia.
20. Jujube extracts are also used to manufacture skin care products to reduce wrinkles, dryness, redness, swelling and for relief from sunburn.