Insomnia – Lack of Sleep
A sufficient 8hrs sleep makes a person healthy and happy. Sleep makes the body and mind relax, and generates kit start energy for the next day. In the present life style many struggle to sleep peacefully / continuously. No matter how tired you are you don’t feel sleepy, suddenly wake up in the middle of night and stare at the watch. Insomnia is a common problem that takes control of your energy, mood, health, and ability to function during the day.
There are two types of Insomnia: Actue & Chronic. Chronic Insomnia can lead to serious health problems. Chronic Insomnia lasts for a month or longer. Simple changes to your lifestyle and daily habits can put a stop to the sleepless nights. Acute Insomnia is common and common in situations like stress at work, family pressures, or a traumatic event. Acute Insomnia lasts for days or weeks.
Symptoms of Insomnia:
- Difficulty falling asleep despite being tired
- Waking up frequently during the night
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Exhausting sleep
- Trouble getting back to sleep when awakened
- Daytime drowsiness, fatigue, or irritability
- Difficulty concentrating during the day
- Stress – at work, home
- If on medications, some medicines might be the cause
- Night shift jobs / work