Healthy & Tasty Walnut Butter Home Made Recipe
- 3 cups walnuts (almonds, cashews, peanuts and pecans also make great nut butters)
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and start out on the lowest speed increasing gradually to high.
- Using the tamper push the walnuts into the blades. You should be able to complete the blending in under 1 minute. As soon as all of the sugar has completely dissolved, remove from heat and keep aside for 10 minutes,till it is cooled.
- Do not blend too long because overheating would destroy the enzymes of the walnut butter.
- At this point, taste the butter; if it needs more oil or salt, you can add. (Do not add any more oil than you have to, it is needed only for blending.)Blend the mixture in the blender for 15 minutes. Form into balls using the palms of your hands.
- Serve with crackers or celery sticks.Serve with sliced strawberries.
- Store the walnut butter in refrigerator.(If the oil separates, stir before serving.)
Sunita Pant Bansal is a Senior Wellness Consultant for Apollo Life.