Headache – What To Do
A headache is defined as continuous or intermittent pain in head or in back side of upper neck. Symptoms of headache may appear suddenly or may be present since a long period of time depending on the cause of headache. The treatment varies from patient to patient & depends on the severity as well as the cause.
SOME CAUSES OF HEADACHE
– Tension, stress and anxiety
– High blood pressure
– A clot blocking blood vessels in the brain
– Bleeding from a broken blood vessel in the brain
– Vision problems
The following associated symptoms are considered serious and need a CT scan or neurologist to rule out a major underlying cause.
– Sudden onset of a very severe headache
– Worst ever headache
– Dramatic change in severity of headache
– Altered level of consciousness (feeling more sleepy or drowsy)
– Associated with continuous vomiting.
– Associated with visual disturbances like blurring of vision.
– Associated with history of recent trauma or head injury.
In case any of the above symptoms are present contact the nearest Apollo Emergency immediately.