Fun Lung Facts for Kids
Fun Lung Facts for Kids-
– The primary functions of your lungs are to transport oxygen from the air you breathe into your bloodstream while taking away carbon dioxide, which is released into the air when you breathe out.
– Most vertebrate animals (animals with spines) have two lungs.
– Your left and right lungs aren’t exactly the same. The lung on the left side of your body is divided into two lobes while the lung on your right side is divided into three. The left lung is also slightly smaller, allowing room for your heart.
– Can you live without one lung? Yes you can, it limits your physical ability but doesn’t stop you from living a relatively normal life. Many people around the world live with just one lung.
– People who have a large lung capacity can send oxygen around their body faster. You can increase you lung capacity with regular exercise.
– When resting, the average adult breathes around 12 to 20 times a minute.
– An average person breathes in around 11,000 litres of air every day.