What are Dry Eyes?
Tears are present in every human beings eyes, which support the vision & lets the eye balls move freely in different angles. Tear Glands produce tears in order to keep the eyes wet, if any dust/partical/insect enters the eye, tear glands release tears so that dust/partical/insect washes out. If tear gland doesnot produces tears, the dust /partical/insect would stay inside the eye, causing damage to the cornea and results in many problems. If the tears dry up, eye balls cant move smoothly resulting in pain, irritation, redness, ulcers,cornea problems, loss of vision, infections, etc.
Dry eyes problem is seen mostly in people who use computer/laptop, watching TV closely, or reading for an extended period of time, or due to excess heat, rise in temperatures, lack of humidity, etc similar factors.
1. Regularly wash eyes with cold water.
2. Dont rub eyes if any thing falls in, close eyes for about 1-2mints, with water the dust/partical/insect would come on to the corner.
3. Need to drink plenty of water in the mornings
4. Cooling glasses can also be helpfull
5. Place slices of cucumber on eyes, it would help the eyes to relax
6. Even a cotton piece dipped in cold water can be placed on eyes.
If the problem still persits consulting an Opthalmologist is a must.