Ingredients for Mexican filling
- 1 cup rajma soaked for 6-8 hours
- 250g packet of button mushrooms
- 1 red and yellow capsicum
- ½ cup green onions, garlic and
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp oregano leaves
- Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Boil the rajma in some water in a pressure cooker till tender.
- Reduce the flame after the first whistle and let cook till another 3-4 whistles (about 10-15 minutes)
- Slice the mushrooms lengthwise into thin pieces.
- Cut capsicum into similar strips.
- Cut onions also length-wise.
- Cut garlic into small pieces.
- Put 2 tbsp of olive oil in a kadhai, sauté onions and garlic. Add capsicum and
- Mash half of the boiled rajma and add into the mix in the kadhai.
- Follow it with the remainder of the whole boiled rajma.
- Add ½ tsp chilli flakes, ½ tsp oregano leaves and salt to taste.
- Add a teaspoon of brown sugar to get the Mexican flavour.
- If you want it spicy, add ½ tsp red chilli powder as well.