Cervical Cancer Quick Facts
- Regular Pap Smear Test decreases a woman’s chances of developing Cervical Cancer by 5 times.
- Higher number of pregnancies increases risk.
- Women who smoke are 2 times more at risk than non-smokers.
- Usage of contraceptives is a factor of Cervical Cancer.
- Cervical Cancer is caused by a common virus know as Human Papillomavirus (HPV).
- Regardless of age, all females risk exposure to the HPV virus as it can spread via skin contact and sexual intercourse.
- Early sexual experience increases risk of Cervical Cancer