Breast Reconstruction Using Fat Transfer
Advantages and Disadvantages of Breast Reconstruction using fat transfer
- Implants are not used.
- Nipple reconstructions available if wanted.
- No additional scars on the body except for a few tiny punctures. Also known as scarless surgery. No effect on muscle as no muscle is taken from the abdomen.
- Reconstructed breasts will have normal sensation.
- Duration of surgery is 3-5 hours.
- Hospitalization is only 1 day.
- Recovery is just a few days.
- Fat can be harvested from almost any part of your body. You will need to be in good general health. This procedure is suitable for women who are very slim also.