Benefits of Moong Dal
Nutrition of Moong Dal:
Moong dal beans are dried, mature mung beans that have been skinned. Naturally low in fat and high in fiber, a 1-cup serving of cooked moong dal has less than 1 gram of total fat, over 14 grams of protein and 15.4 grams of dietary fiber. A 1-cup serving contains 212 calories.
- Vitamins: It is rich in Vitamin A, B, C and E and also in many minerals including iron, calcium, and potassium. Not to forget it is a powerful source of vegetarian protein.
- It good to Loose Weight: It is considered a healthy weight loss food as it is a low fat food rich in proteins and fibre. It curbs cravings and keep us full for a long time. It detoxifies the body and benefits the metabolism as well as immune system.
- Heart Friendly: It helps to lower the high cholesterol level in the blood system. Regular intake of Green Moong reduces bad cholesterol and improves the flexibility of arteries and veins. It also regulates the blood pressure.
- Controls Blood Sugar Level: Green Moong is full of complex carbohydrates in form of high fibre, which aids digestion. Complex carbs also stabilizes blood sugar and controls its sudden rise after meal, while keeping body’s energy at a balanced level. Green Moong can be highly beneficial for people having a high blood sugar level.
- Anti-fungal, Anti-bacterial and Anti-Cancer: Green Moong contains Vitamin B-1, Vitamin C and Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine). Regular consumption of diets rich in Vitamin-B6 help you develop resistance against contagious agents that cause diseases. As per Ancient Chinese medicine it also contains anti-cancer properties.