Apollo Health Blog
Knee Basic Check-up just for Rs.2,350/-
– Complete blood count with ESR
– Complete urine analysis
– Uric Acid
– *X-ray both knees
– *AP in standing
– Diet Counseling
Tips to help keep your kidneys healthy:
1. Cut back on salt. Aim for less than 2,300 milligrams of sodium each
2. Choose foods that are healthy for your heart: fresh fruits, fresh or
frozen vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy foods.
3. Limit your alcohol intake.
4. Be more physically active.
5. Lose weight if you are overweight.
6. If you smoke, take steps to quit. Cigarette smoking can make
kidney damage worse.
7. Keep your blood pressure at the target set by your health care
provider. For most people, the blood pressure target is less than
140/90 mm Hg. This can delay or prevent kidney failure.
8. If you have diabetes, control your blood glucose level.
9. Keep your cholesterol levels in the target range.
Healthy food habits with regular physical activity are the key for healthy living
– Watch the amount of time children spend before television and video games and put limits on timings.
– Make physical activity a daily habit so that they are on the path to wellness and health lifelong.
– Be a role model for your children. If you are a physically active person, your children are more likely to be active and stay active for the rest of their lives.
– Plan family activities like playing games or taking a walk together.
– When the children want to indulge in an occasional burger – see to it that it has lettuce and tomatoes in it, and encourage them to accompany it with a milk shake, rather than a cola. Choose the option of whole grain bun or bread, whenever possible.
– Healthy children grow up to be healthy adults. By teaching them at a young age, the importance of food for good health, you are providing
them with the key to a better quality of life, and longevity.
Foods that Relieve Constipation:
Foods that Cause Constipation:
Exercise for Asthmatics –
Exercise, when done in the asthmatic style, reduces severity of asthma. So change into your tracks, and try these out.
– Warm up: To reduce your chances for getting an asthma attack
while exercising or during a match, start with a warm up. This could
comprise of around 20 minutes of sub maximal exercise, or five
sprints of 30 seconds, half an hour before you get into strenuous
– Breathing: During your exercise or match, asthmatics should strictly
breathe only through nose – mouth inhalation is a no-no. Increase
the speed of your exercise slowly, keeping the rapidity of your breath
– Cool Down: Do not stop your exercise abruptly. After hard work or
play, one should stop exercise slowly with a cool-down period of a
few minutes. You could jog lightly or walk, to get your body
accustomed to the cessation of rapid activity.
– Climate: An asthma patient should play in warm and moist climate
rather than cold and dry climate. If at all you should exercise in a
cool and dry climate, it should be done after wearing a mask or a
scarf over the face.
Apollo Heart Institutes – Four people die of Heart Attack every minute in India Prevent Heart Attacks by Regular Heart Check Up
Benefits of Ginger –
– Anti Inflammatory
– Fights Pregnancy Related Nausea
– Anti Cancer
– Anti – Flu
– Gastro Relief
Heart Attack – How would you prevent it?
The only way to do it is to control the risk factors.
– Quit smoking if you are a chimney (Don’t start, if you don’t smoke)
– Eat a healthy diet to lower cholesterol and blood pressure
– Control your blood sugar if you have diabetes.
– Regular exercise (atleast 30 minutes for 5 days a week)
– Lose weight if you are obese.
– Control your blood pressure to avoid hypertension.
Juice To Ease Arthritis Pain