5 Tips to Manage Headaches in Children
5 Tips to Manage Headaches in Children:
* Follow a regular schedule: avoid headache triggers like disrupted sleep, skipped meals.
* Obtain written instructions from your doctor: regarding what measures should be taken when your child gets a headache. Also pin these instructions on the fridge for other people to see incase of your absence.
* Limit your use of over-the-counter (nonprescription) medicines: Limit them to no more than two doses per week. Excessive use can actually increase headaches.
* Educate yourself and your family. Read about your type of headache and its treatment.
* Initiate non-drug measures at the earliest onset of your headache: Seek rest in a quiet, comfortable location. Use relaxation strategies and other methods to reduce stress.