ELISA based Qualitative immuno blot test *Auto immune antibodies to the following nuclear antigens can be detected under this test.
|Ribosomal P – Protein||Nucleosomes|
- Anti UI-nRNP High titres present in 95%-100% of patients with mixed connective tissue disease, Sharp syndrome.The titre correlates with the clinical activity of the disease.Also found in 30-40% of patients with disseminated lupus in combination with anti smith.
- Anti-Smith Highly specific and present in 20%-40% of patients with disseminated lupus .
- Anti SS-A Present in patients with Sjogren’s Syndrome (40%-80%), disseminated lupus(30-40%), primary billary cirrosis (20%), neonatal lupus (100%), occationally in chronic active hepatitis. New born babies some times may get congenital heart block because of anti SS-A when they are transmitted to the foetus from mother.
- Anti SS-B Found in Sjogren’s syndrome(40-80%)mostly in women, disseminated lupus(10-20%).
- Anti Scl-70 Found in diffuse progressive systemic sclerosis(25%-75%).
- Anti PM-Scl Found in 50-70% of patien’s with overlap syndrome.
- Anti Jo-1 Found in polymyositis(25%-35%),mostly associated with a concurrent interstitial fibrosis of the lung.
- Anti-Centromere Found in 70%-90% of patients with limited form of progressive systemic sclerosis. (CREST syndrome, calcinosis, Raynaud’s disease, esophageal dysfunction, sclerodactylia, teleangiectasia).
- Anti ds-DNA Specific for systemic lupus erythematosus(40%-90%).
- AntiNucleosomes Specific/marker for SLE.
- Anti-Histones Found in drug induced lupus(95%),disseminated lupus(30%-70%),rheumatoid arthiritis(15%-50%).
- Anti-ribosomal More specific for systemic lupus. Also frequently found in patients with psychoses, P-Proteins but not significant.
- AMA-M2 Are charecteristic of primary biliary liver cirrhosis..